Perl Developer - Amsterdam
We run one of the world's largest Perl-powered websites. Whether it is hardening Perl's hash function or developing efficient serialization libraries, we solve serious problems using Perl. With over half a million room nights reserved on Booking.com daily, we are seeking Perl developers driven by challenges of scalability and rapid, customer-focused development. Our development strategy is agile and based on Scrum. We do several rollouts every day. We are data-driven and do extensive A/B testing. Everything we do is aimed at solving problems for our customers. If it doesn't help our customers, we're not interested in doing it.
Software developers work from our headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We are inviting CVs from candidates worldwide. Even without Perl experience, your colleagues will help you get up to speed in order to be able to start solving real problems from day one. Are you ready to join an international, result-driven, fun, and dynamic environment?
Your Role at Booking.com:
* Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
* Explain current systems, coach and train new developers
* Solve issues with the site and internal systems, prioritizing based on customer impact
* Act as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Collaborate with Team Leaders and Product Owners to prioritize projects
Your Skills and Experience:
* Pragmatic and proactive attitude, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Four years experience with hands-on software development in Perl (object-oriented is a plus)
* Experience with HTTP and server-side technologies (web servers, database servers)
* Preferably university degree in Mathematics or Software Engineering
* Prepared to relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands
We offer a competitive salary, plus bonuses, with possibilities for training and further career opportunities within our fast-growing company. This position is open to candidates worldwide. We will assist you with a relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
To make the most out of your CV application and your interview, check out our blog onblog.booking.com/booking-com-developer-hiring-process.html.
For more information or questions, please contact our Recruitment Team by clicking the "CONTACT RECRUITER" button.
*LI-PR* *LI-IB* *BC-DV* *BC-DV* *BC-JJ*
To apply for this role please clikc the APPLY button.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />