This position is responsible for the payroll and/or accounting related tasks of Hungarian as well as other EMEA payrolls in a vendor managed and in-house processed payroll environment. Strong analytical skills are required for performing effective controls to make sure both accuracy and timeliness service level agreements are met.
• Participate in the preparation and processing of monthly payroll runs
• Manage on- and off-cycle payments as well as 3rd party payment processes
• Manage partnership with other internal departments
• Manage vendors
• Detailed understanding of Financial Accounting concepts (e.g., Debits, Credits, Double-Entry Bookkeeping, etc.).
• Prepare and enter journal entries
• Analyse and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Process job cost payroll journals and general ledger entries
• Assist with the month-end and year-end close process
• Develop and document payroll reporting tools, best practices and processes. Maintain appropriate records on employee receivable balances and ensure appropriate payroll deductions are being taken for employee benefits, taxes, etc
• Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive employee and company information at all times.
• Participates in other miscellaneous projects (HR to HRSS and local HRSS to HRSS CSC etc) as determined by the Department/Payroll Head
• Perform monthly reconciliations of some general ledger accounts. Be sensitive to payroll deadlines and ensure timely payroll submission every cycle
• Assists auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit
• Assists in developing reporting processes, procedures, and internal controls for the purpose of maintaining the efficient flow of financial processes
• Collaborates with other administrative personnel and/or outside agencies for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and/or programs in accordance with established financial policies, practices, laws and/or regulatory guidelines
• Compiles statistical and payroll data from a variety of sources for the purpose of providing summaries to other personnel and/or ensuring compliance with established guidelines
• Reconciles payroll account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and complying with established guidelines
• Researches and resolves discrepancies of payroll information for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures
• To ensure payroll accuracy to agreed Service Levels takes part in maintaining the Issues Log and liaise on a regular basis with other teams and vendors, in cooperation to ensure actions and issues are followed through and resolved.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing country procedures to ensure alignment with HR policy and local legislative compliance, propose changes for improvement to the Payroll Team Leader.
• Assisting in the testing of all system, tax updates, version upgrades and enhancements to the systems as needed.
• Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, and conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the company's policies related to one's role.
• Demonstrates attention to detail and proficiency in the various systems used in one's role.
• Coaching and coordinating peers as necessary
• 3 years experience in accounting and payroll operation in a Shared Services environment
• Experience with multiple countries' payroll in the EMEA region
• Solid knowledge of Hungarian specific Employment processes and Labour law
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in Hungarian and English
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to ensure excellent client service
• High School Degree
• BA degree and/or qualification in Labour Law, Payroll, Social Security or Taxation is an advantage
• Excellent client focus
• Highly motivated, organised and methodical
• Logical analytic and rationale
• Accurate and precise
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability to work under pressure
Budapest, VIII. District
Apply directly to Fanni Jurkovics, Research Consultant, for a short pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.
Tel: +36 1 8833 552
E-mail: E-mail cím megjelenítése