Every day more than hundred thousand airplanes take off from airports all over the world. Even one plane's take-off requires countless critical fine-tuned technical and logistic processes, which would be impossible without stable and innovative IT solutions.
Lufthansa Systems Hungária Kft. is among the biggest Hungarian IT companies providing the full spectrum of IT services ranging from application development, test management & execution to 7/24 application and infrastructure operation. The company has unique know-how in development and operation of innovative applications for global customers within and outside the airline industry. We offer the possibility to work for the one and only Hungarian aviation IT company.
Optimization Specialist (Ref. 157/13)
In the area of Airline Management we develop software systems which are able to schedule aircrafts and their crews. We are currently looking for a method specialist who will have the chance to further develop the existing optimization components of our products, adapt and calibrate them to the customer’s need.
- Development and evaluation of enhancements and adaptations of the optimization algorithms
- Specification of customer requirements, especially their planning processes and rules
- Development of customer specific planning rules
- Calibration of the optimizer products in close coordination with the customer
- Completed, subject-related studies (with a focus in mathematics, business mathematics, computer science)
- Ability to develop methodical and analytical approaches to solve complex problems profoundly
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience in methods of combinatorial optimization, linear and integer programming
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in connection with the area
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Profound knowledge in programming in C++
- Excellent English - written and spoken
- Above-average commitment, high level of initiative, motivation and teamwork
- Certificate of good conduct (erkölcsi bizonyítvány)
- Basic command of German language
- Airline expertise is desirable
Required language skills: English intermediate level, language exam is not necessary.
Required qualification: University/College
Work hours: 8 hours a day
Duration of employment: Unlimited time