Operations Engineer - Stirlingshire, Stirling, FK7 0
Department: 42-Network Engineering and Operations
Reports To: Operations Engineer Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: March 2012
Job summary: The Operations Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated hotel infrastructure technical issues from the Customer Care and Professional Services organizations, providing technical training , as well as supporting all functions of Technical Support Engineers, Field Service Engineers, and Installers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
other duties may be assigned
• Troubleshoot escalated technical issues
• Create and execute validation plans for software and firmware releases
• Maintain positive working relationships and effective oral and written communication on a regular basis with management, supervisors, co-workers, professionals, peers, and clients
• Provide training for field and technical support engineers
• Provide off-hours on-call support on a rotating basis
• Provide advanced troubleshooting for the ETVi system Video Systems
• Assist in solutions for complex network designs
• Troubleshoot software and provide necessary information to developers
• Liaise with the Engineering teams where necessary to resolve issues
• Provide advanced troubleshooting of escalated technical issues
• Develop workarounds to restore customer functionality in the event of delayed problem resolution.
• Develop new tools to augment and improve the Global Operations support process.
• Develop ad-hoc solutions for Customer Account manager requests
• Assist in the design and approval of solutions for complex networks.
• Participate in the out-of hours on-call rotations
• Assist with the provision of training for field and technical support engineers.
• Perform advanced diagnostics and testing of systems and networks
Qualifications: To successfully accommodate the job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Experience and Education:
• BS degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with design, implementation and troubleshooting of small to large wired/wireless networks
• Expert Knowledge of the Linux OS and common services.
• Working knowledge of SQL and database platforms.
• Working hand-on Telco infrastructure knowledge
• Hardware Knowledge of the following Platforms
• Ruckus ZD. HP Procurve, Allied Teles, Aruba, Cisco and Meru
• CCNA or CWNA certifications or equivalent preferred
• Network Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, ARP, STP, and DHCP)
• Programming/Scripting (XML, PHP, Perl, etc)
• Dynamic Routing Protocol experience preferred
• Solid understanding of IP addressing and sub netting