This is an excellent opportunity to work in a well-established international company's Operational Risk Department as a Reporting Analyst and be responsible for the following tasks:
- to design, develop and maintain a suite of comprehensive risk reports designed to assist risk managers to assess, escalate and manage operational risk
- the primary platform that these automated reports will be developed in is MS Excel, with extensive use of VBA programming and data extraction via SQL, therefore successful candidates must possess these skills to be considered
- in addition to the automated reporting that the candidate will develop, he/she will also perform ad hoc analyses for use by Senior Management and/or external regulators
- working with Operational Risk Managers across the Firm to understand complex requirements
-to be successful in this role, the candidate must be eager to create robust, well-tested solutions that satisfy real business problems
- College degree required; economics, finance, engineering, computer science or other analytical discipline from a recognized university with a strong engineering and/or math pedigree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power Point is required.
- Strong technical skills with VBA programming and SQL queries is a must.
- Strong technical skills with large infrastructure databases (DB2, Sybase, Oracle etc) and OLAP cubes is preferred.
- A solid understanding of risk management concepts such as statistics, stress testing and scenario analysis is a strong plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and an ability to present ideas concisely and persuasively.
- Strong interest in financial services and risk management. Interest and/or experience with operational risk is a plus.
- Ability to work on challenging assignments in a dynamic environment, synthesize information, distill relevant facts and reach logical conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to: prioritize competing responsibilities, work under pressure, meet challenging deadlines and can build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Professional experience in financial data management or risk reporting is preferable.
- Fresh graduates are welcome; any relevant experience would be an asset.