Operation Associate - Shipping Efficiency - Oxfordshire, Oxford, OX1 1
Operation Associate - Shipping Efficiency
Responsibilities of Position:
Located in Oxford, the Shipping Operations Associate would be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the shippingefficiency.org website and overseeing news updates and other dynamic elements of the website. In addition, the Shipping Efficiency Operation Associate would conduct research for the Operation team, assist with meeting preparation, attend meetings and take minutes, and execute stakeholder engagement with a focus on charterers, shipowners, ports, technology companies and financiers.
The Associate will support the Senior Associate to write and publish research papers to document CWR's work within the field and effectively utilise the Carbon War Room's key knowledge management tools and processes (e.g. Dropbox, Salesforce and Evernote). Based in the offices of BLUE Communications - a team of 15 communications and network engagement consultants specialising in the shipping and energy markets and long term supplier to the Carbon War Room - the role would include some international travel.
- Engage directly with key shipping industry stakeholders (e.g. shipowners, charterers, investors, technology companies, ports and researchers) to encourage their deployment of energy efficiency measures.
- Facilitate meetings, deal days and other convenings. Assist with stakeholder meeting preparation and attend meetings/take notes as requested.
- Conduct research and technical writing to support the Shipping Operations Team and its activities.
- Maintain shippingefficiency.org
- Make regular updates to website and assist in leveraging the content via stakeholder engagement elements including appropriate newsfeeds, blogs, (e.g. Twitter and Facebook)
Team Administrative Support
- Prepare for meetings and take minutes/notes
- Manage and coordinate shipping operation team's diaries and logistics for shipping
Team Travel and Accommodation
- Manage Salesforce and Dropbox for Shipping Operation Team
- Assist with preparation and follow up for Shipping Operation events
Marketing & Communications
- Support and liaise with PR team in identification and management of speaking engagements as well as managing messaging
- Master's degree in environmental science, environmental policy, energy, economics, business, or other related field.
- Interest in or experience of the shipping industry, climate change, and/or clean-tech and renewable energy
- Passion for finding innovative solutions to climate change
- Excellent writing skills, strong command of analytical tools and methods
- Strong communication and organisation skills with network engagement experience
- Confident and motivated self-starter
- Relevant experience with working in a research or consulting environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
Please include your CV and a cover letter with your application.