Occupational Health & Safety Specialist
Papa AFB, Hungary
We are currently seeking an experienced Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) professional to join our team in Papa, Hungary. In this role, you will be part of the C-17 Field Operations EHS team, providing EHS support to your assigned work location, as well as additional locations within your region. As such, you will work with local EHS focals in addition to the EHS team. Key deliverables include: Ensure compliance with Boeing internal EHS requirements. Assist with development and implementation of program EHS requirements at assigned locations. Shares information and develops consistent investigative approaches with established or ad hoc teams to ensure regulatory compliance.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Perform hazard evaluations of proposed or existing facilities, equipment, processes and material use, using independent judgment to ensure safety.
- Analyze and interpret survey findings, defines control measures and tracks corrective action plans using technical knowledge and established methods to reduce or eliminate risk.
- Plans and conducts EHS audits and prepares formal assessment reports using established protocols to characterize compliance and risk.
- Develops employee training programs using technical knowledge and established learning design methods to enhance knowledge and insure regulatory compliance.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends and provides recommendations using technical knowledge and established methods to improve workplace processes and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Analyzes and interprets sampling process findings, defines control measures and tracks corrective action plans using technical knowledge and established methods to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Reviews proposed regulations using technical, operational knowledge and specialized tools to determine process and cost impacts.
- This position will require travel. This position will also include some training and administration responsibilities.
- C-17 experience/knowledge and a professional certification a plus. Assist with investigations and root cause analysis.
- Ensure monthly EHS activities are completed and tracked. Provide technical assistance regarding EHS issues.
- Serve as a focal for various EHS related internal activities and teams. Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products, and processes.
- Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results, reaching erroneous decisions or making recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Current experience regulatory compliance reporting, knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to the industry across various businesses. Demonstrated project coordination and management skills.
- High level of interpersonal and influencing skills, including consultation, presentation, negotiation and communication skills with senior leadership, regulators, military personnel and the community.
- Safety Awareness - Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholds safety standards. Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Apply health/safety science
- Managing work
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' related work experienced work experience
Other Job Related Information:
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN HUNGARY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. Relocation benefits may be provided. This job may be level X3 or X4 and will determined by the level of experience and qualifications of the selected candidate, in relation to the scope and responsibility of the position.