Nursery Nurse Team Leader (Mat cover) - Cambridgeshire, Longstanton, CB24 3AR
Responsible to: Deputy Manager, Nursery Manager & Principal
Reporting to: Team Manager
We are a family-based setting in which children are respected and valued. Children develop and grow, at their own pace; within an environment that offers boundless opportunities in a secure and flexible environment using nature and nurture as our fundamental base.
To assist the Team Manager with the day to day operation of your area, keeping with all Policies and Procedures and all requirements as set out by Ofsted and management. To lead and work as a team member showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment that encourages the child's all round development, ensuring high standards of care are continuously maintained by all staff in your area.
You should be motivated to provide exceptional care and education to children. You will be a good communicator, be able to work in and lead a team and develop good relationships with all children, staff and parents.
A level three Early Years qualification is required; we offer opportunities for our employees to attain qualifications and support this.
Previous experience is essential and any training and development will be provided .
You should follow all Safeguarding policies and procedures as specified by the nursery, monitoring your team and ensuring the safety and well being of all children in our care is of paramount importance.
· Promoting a happy and welcoming atmosphere for children, parents, staff and visitors.
· To help plan daily a varied, exciting environment with free choice activities for children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Ensuring the highest standard of childcare is carried out by the team and that the environment provided is both educational and social, promoting play with a purpose at all time.
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of the children at all times reporting any concerns immediately to your Team Manager, Deputy or Nursery Manager.
- Offer all children equal opportunities, providing experiences to meet all needs and backgrounds
- Lead and manage the staff team in your room in conjunction with the team manager
· Be a role model for staff in your room and across the nursery.
· Support and inspire the staff
· Administer medicines as specified by parents with regard for recommended dosages on the packaging, or as prescribed by a doctor
- Co-operate fully with other child care practitioners/professionals in relation to individual children's needs.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with parents and carers
- Observe all children's progress and report achievements looking for progression and developments
- To observe, record and write individual EYFS Summaries for your key children that are to be shared with parents making sure they are accurate, presented correctly and up-to-date. Overseeing all Summaries
- Support all children with their individual personal hygiene needs
- Provide effective and regular feedback to parents on their child's day, personal development and any other relevant information, maintaining positive relationships.
- Take part in all monthly nursery meetings and other events out of working hours
- Adhere to all policies and procedures at all times embedding them throughout your area with staff
- Key working: being responsible for a small group of children ensuring activities are planned and to promote learning and resources are readily available, working within the framework set out by Ofsted, the EYFS.
- Co-operating with the Team Manager, Nursery or Deputy Manager in the running of the area.
- Ensure a bright and stimulating attractive room with colourful appropriate activities and displays showing children's work.
- Assist with care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- Supervise children at all times indoors and outdoors including mealtimes and snack breaks.
- Covering where necessary in any of the other nursery rooms or nursery's within the Scallywags group.
- Liaising on a daily basis with parents and/or carers fostering a positive relationship, you should be approachable and deal with all queries in your area, alerting management where necessary
- To welcome and settle all new parents and children, helping with settling-in sessions and following procedures offering assistance at all times, assigning them a key group and introducing them to the team, room and daily routine.
- Assist the Nursery Manager in preparing for all parent evenings and parent mornings and other nursery functions
· Leading a strong motivated team with a positive vision for all.
- Ensuring that all the nursery's policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Establishing a good working relationship with all staff in the team, minimising conflict at all times.
- Supporting and motivating your staff helping them to reach their full potential, where necessary.
- Assisting in supervising trainees and /or work experience staff.
- Be a reliable member of the team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Participating in all nursery events.
- Participating in training events and sessions as required.
Health & Safety
- All Health and Safety issues are implemented and carried out in accordance with the nursery's policies and procedures at all times.
- Completing daily checks and assessments of your area
- Ensure the room is clean and tidy at all times with areas refreshed, interesting and safe for each child
- Ensure the cleanliness of the children at all times, with hygiene boxes topped up with sanitizer and tissues at all times.
- Operate a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures. (fire drills, policies and policies)
- All Child Protection and Safeguarding within your area and in the nursery implementing the nursery's policies at all times.
- Assisting in preparation of the nursery for Ofsted Inspections, actioning any recommendations, etc. made by the Inspectors or the report at that time, in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and Directors.
- All Equal Opportunities for children providing the best environment for all within the nursery implementing the nursery's policy at all times.
- Reporting any damages to toys or the building immediately to the Health and Safety Officer or Manager recording events and making safe the immediate environment within the nursery or its grounds.
- Be a reliable member and leader of a team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Participate in all nursery events contributing where possible
- Participate in all required nursery training and additional training to develop knowledge and ideas.
- Help prepare articles for the monthly bulletins with news from your area
Any other duties that may be required from time to time in keeping with the nature of the job and the position held and as instructed.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />