Nursery Nurse - Cambridgeshire, Longstanton, CB24 3AR
Responsible to: Deputy Manager, Nursery Manager & Principal
Reporting to: Room Leader, Team Manager
We are a family-based setting in which children are respected and valued. Children develop and grow, at their own pace; within an environment that offers boundless opportunities in a secure and flexible environment using nature and nurture as our fundamental base.
To work as part of a team showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment that encourages each child's development, ensuring high standards of care are continuously maintained.
A Nursery Nurse should be key working in a particular room. A relevant Early Years qualification is desirable but not essential; however, we offer opportunities and strongly encourage our employees to attain relevant qualifications to the lowest level, two.
Previous experience is always preferred although not essential as full training and development will be provided .
You should be motivated to provide exceptional care and education to children. You will be a good communicator, be able to work in a team and develop good relationships with children, staff and parents.
You should follow all Safeguarding policies and procedures as specified by the nursery, ensuring the safety and well being of all children in our care is of paramount importance.
· Promoting a happy and welcoming atmosphere for children, parents, staff and visitors.
- Ensuring the highest standard of childcare is carried out and that the environment provided is both educational and social, promoting play with a purpose at all time.
- Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of the children at all times reporting any concerns immediately to your Room Leader or Team Manager.
- Offer all children equal opportunities, providing experiences to meet all needs and backgrounds
- Co-operate fully with other child care practitioners/professionals in relation to individual children's needs.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with parents and carers
- Observe each child's progress and report achievements looking for progression and developments
- To observe, record and write individual EYFS Summaries that are to be shared with parents making sure they are accurate, presented correctly and up-to-date.
- Contribute towards the planning and provision of activities for children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- Support children with their individual personal hygiene needs
- Provide effective and regular feedback to parents on their child's day, personal development and any other relevant information, maintaining positive relationships.
- Take part in all monthly nursery meetings and other events out of working hours
- Adhere to all policies and procedures at all times
- Key working: being responsible for a small group of children ensuring activities are planned and to promote learning and resources are readily available, working within the framework set out by Ofsted, the EYFS.
- Co-operating with the Team Leader and Manager in the running of the room or area.
- Ensure a bright and stimulating attractive room with colourful appropriate activities and displays showing children's work.
- Assist with care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- Supervise children at all times indoors and outdoors including mealtimes and snack breaks.
- Covering where necessary in any of the other nursery rooms or nursery's within the Scallywags group.
- Liaising on a daily basis with parents and/or carers fostering a positive relationship.
- Assisting the Team Manager with all new parents and children, helping with settling-in sessions and following procedures offering assistance at all times.
- Assist the Team Manager in preparing for all parent evenings and parent mornings and other nursery functions
- Ensuring that all the nursery's policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Establishing a good working relationship with all staff, minimising conflict at all times.
- Supporting and motivating other staff helping them to reach their full potential, where necessary.
- Assisting in supervising trainees and /or work experience staff via the Team Manager.
- Be a reliable member of the team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Participating in nursery events.
- Participating in training events and sessions as required.
Health & Safety
- All Health and Safety issues are implemented and carried out in accordance with the nursery's policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensure the room is clean and tidy at all times with areas refreshed, interesting and safe for each child
- Ensure the cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Operate a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures. (fire drills, policies and policies)
- All Child Protection and Safeguarding within the nursery implementing the nursery's policies at all times.
- Assisting in preparation of the nursery for Ofsted Inspections, actioning any recommendations, etc. made by the Inspectors or the report at that time, in conjunction with the Nursery Manager and Directors.
- All Equal Opportunities for children providing the best environment for all within the nursery implementing the nursery's policy at all times.
- Reporting any damages to toys or the building immediately to the Health and Safety Officer or Manager recording events and making safe the immediate environment within the nursery or its grounds.
- Be a reliable member of a team working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Participate in all nursery events contributing where possible
- Participate in all required nursery training and additional training to develop knowledge and ideas.
Any other duties that may be required from time to time in keeping with the nature of the job and the position held and as instructed.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />