For our world leader partner in electronic options trading we are looking for a:
Network & Systems Administrator
Location:New York CityArea,USA
With a 15-year track record of success, our partner serves the international financial community by providing orderly, liquid markets in financial derivatives. They are at the heart of the modern trading process. Being active in 8 countries and on 23 international exchanges they provide quotes in a diverse global portfolio of equity options. They are at the forefront of mathematical finance and financial automation. The key to their success and continued growth is their innovative software development and best-in-class IT Infrastructure.
We are seeking a Network & Systems Administrator to be a member of the IT team. The candidate will work with an internal team of subject matter experts as well as coordinate and collaborate with external teams regarding the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the various technologies managed by the IT Infrastructure department.
- Deploying, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all Windows systems, application servers, storage systems and Cisco network equipment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the server and networking environment; managing access and permissions to ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
- Producing and maintaining rigorous IT Infrastructure documentation, including network diagrams, systems procedures, asset inventory, and disaster recovery plan.
- Maximizing utilization of all equipment in a 24x7x365 environment, ensuring proper system redundancy and data backup.
- Managing data center co-location cage space, including power, cooling and related equipment, and ensuring general data center health both locally as well as remote installations.
- Maintaining network security, internet firewalls and VPN access.
- Providing detailed reporting to direct management.
- Managing a range of vendor relationships.
Qualified candidates will possess a university degree in a relevant technical field or technical certifications with at least 4 years of network & systems administration experience, of which at least 2 years are with experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
Candidates will have hardware and systems architecture experience with high availability systems, including benchmarking and monitoring. Qualified candidates will have an in depth understanding of the OSI Model, routing and switching technologies, TCP/IP protocol, and excellent network troubleshooting skills. In addition, candidates will have hands-on experience with systems administration, including Microsoft server and desktop solutions, storage area networks, and blade servers.
- Experience administering and maintaining the following: (certifications such as MCTS or MCITP are a plus):
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Microsoft Windows 7 desktop OS.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco networking gear (certifications such as CCNA and CCNP are a plus).
- Experience with data center management is a must.
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent English language communication skills.
- Some travel required.
+36 1 8833 518