Network Management System/Software Support Engineer
Location: XIV district Budapest, Hungary
NEC is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, NEC has devoted more than 100 years of technological innovation to providing its customers with solutions of genuine value through innovative technologies for everyday use, as expressed in its slogan, "Empowered by Innovation".
NEC maintains a worldwide network of subsidiary companies, which includes operations in Europe where NEC performs various sales, manufacturing, and R&D functions. Today, NEC Europe has more than 20 branches and subsidiaries throughout Europe, employing approximately 1200 personnel, located across Europe, Russia Africa and the Middle East.
We are currently looking for a Network Management System Support Engineer based in Budapest to help provide support for European Customers on NEC Network Management Systems and associated software products.
Applicant must be prepared to travel and work within Europe intensively.
- Perform Installations of NEC Software Applications on Customer Sites across Europe
- Support Existing Installations based on support contracts across Europe
- Provide support to the Sales and Business Development teams in customer meetings; technical point of contact for software matters, together with performing product presentations related to software capabilities
- In-house test and evaluation of new and existing software on applicable hardware platforms.
- Test and evaluation of new and existing software in customer environments, either laboratory-based or field-based
- Performing training and demonstrations of products and specific functionality.
- Development of NEC Europe bespoke software solutions where required with support from the NMS team.
- Creation of presentation material and manuals to support software product sales and promotion
Experience / Knowledge required:
- Previous Software related support role would be useful
Education / Qualifications required:
- Degree in computer related course desirable but not essential
Professional skills and knowledge:
- PHP and/or Perl Skills an advantage
- IP/Ethernet Networking skills also considered an advantage
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
NEC is an equal opportunity employer.