- Troubleshoots and resolves network problems.
- Performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the systems performances meet company and user satisfaction.
- Assists with projects as assigned by management. Ensures assigned project elements are implemented in a timely and accurate manner.
- Engineers network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures in coordination with other members of IT department.
- Participates in aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during system outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Works constructively and cooperatively with users in the installation of hardware and software, new systems or upgrades, as assigned or as required.
- Evaluates hardware and software systems and solutions, including peripheral, output and related equipment.
- Participates in off-hours support coverage; available to respond and address reported issues when required.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience
- 2-4 years direct work experience in an IT-related position (preferred); 2-4 years direct work experience with hardware setup, configuration, troubleshooting (preferred); proven track-record of positive client relationships (required); staging and re-staging of technology within standards (required); relevant Microsoft, Cisco, certifications (preferred); relevant IT certifications (ITIL, Network+, Security+) (preferred);
- working experience with HP, Dell desktops and laptops (preferred); working experience with VMware, Dell Appasure, Kaspersky (preferred);
- working experience with helpdesk software (preferred); working experience with handhelds in warehousing and manufacturing environments (preferred); proven track-record in researching unique problem requests and develop a solution that meets both client and system requirements (preferred)
- Ability to travel, must be available to address issues at multiple, geographic locations