We’re looking for a 2nd line engineer to our professional networking team, which provide high quality of support to a global customer having 10.000 network devices around the world. Our team is responsible for solving LAN/WAN related incidents (sometimes affecting thousands of employees at our customer) and implementing network changes.
At our team we offer continuous professional development opportunities in the area of Routing-Switching, Wireless and Security – not only in Cisco, but also in Juniper technologies. We also support our colleagues in gaining professional certifications.
Cisco CCNP or equivalent knowledge
- Deep knowledge of LANs and WANs including the following technologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP v2, STP protocols, VLAN/VTP, EtherChannel, Multicast, DHCP, FHRP protocols
- Knowledge about QoS like queuing techniques, congestion management and avoidance solutions
- Good skills of managing and operating Cisco devices including Cisco APs, various platforms of switches and routers
- Knowledge of wireless technologies like autonomous and lightweight solutions with WLCs from Cisco
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting complex routing and switching issues
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Fluent English knowledge
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Willingness of work in shifts and provide on-call-duty
- Quality and process awareness