Mobile Locksmith - Multi Skilled - West Midlands
We are looking to recruit a Mobile Locksmith - Multi Skilled for their office based in Coventry, West Midlands.
Involves attending site and to carry out any one of a number of different services including General Locksmithing, Auto Locksmithing Access Control Installation and Repair, Basic Safe Opening, Repair and Servicing and Door and Window Maintenance and Installation, to one of our many domestic or commercial customers.
The ideal candidate will need to be experienced in at least one of the first two categories, general locksmithing or auto locksmithing with the other categories Alarm and Access Control, Safe Opening and Repair, and Door and Window Installation and Maintenance being a an advantage. We understand that some candidates may not be fully experienced in all the areas mention in each categories, but we will provide training and support to the right candidate to increase both knowledge and experience.
- Non Destructive Opening of the majority of common locks, ideally by the use of picks or lock bypass tools or in some case drilling small access holes into lock cases
- Ability to install into different types of materials including wood, metal and UPVC
- Understand the minimum insurance security standards, and provide a site survey to our customer, with any recommendations relayed to the client and to the office.
- Experience of UPVC window and door locks, including opening jammed or broken locking systems and installing suitable replacements.
- Experience in using key programming diagnostic equipment such as the AD100 pro and other diagnostic tools including IDS, VAG Com and generic pin code reading software.
- The right candidate must have a good knowledge of the different motor manufacturers and models, and the ability to remove all different types of locks.
- Good lock picking and lock manipulation techniques including use of over lifting tools, song picks and decoders and tibbie picks is required. Scope reading, picking and impressioning would be a great advantage.
- Good transponder knowledge, and the understanding of the different types along with their correct application.
- EEPROM reading, to establish either pin codes or transponder information.
- Knowledge of making keys to 2 track, 4 track laser key locks and standard wafer, pin and tibbie locks.
- Repair and replacement of faulty locks and locking mechanisms
- Installation, repair and service of extra security of locks, including slam and deadlocks.
- Installation of new locksets and able to rekey some locksets onto a different key number.
- Understanding of car electrical systems including CAN systems.
Alarm and Access Control Installation and Repair.
- Part P Qualified
- Good basic understanding of electrics
- Installation and repair of access control systems, including PAC and Paxton.
- Installation and repair of domestic alarm systems, both wired and wireless
- Installation and repair of CCTV systems
- Installation and repair of intercom systems
Safe Opening and Repair
- Opening and repair of safes to a minimum level of £6k cash rating, including key lock and electronic and mechanical combinations.
Door and Window installation and Maintenance
- Heal and toe-ing of doors
- Replacement of glass, single glazed and double glazed units
- Replacement door closers, including transom, overhead and floor springs
- Opening and Replacement of various locks
- Installing replacement components, including hinges, friction stays, espagnolettes locking systems, handles, panic hardware
- Installation of replacement window, doors and frames, including UPVC, Metal and wooden
- Installation and maintenance of automatic door openers.
This role will suit someone who is self motivated and organised. Who has no aversion to driving long distances.
All Specialist tools are provided although the successful candidate is expected to provide his own hand tools and cordless drill.
The successful candidate must be able to pass a Criminal Records Bureau Check (CRB)
Must be able to maintain a clean and presentable appearance at all times.
The position can be very diverse although it would be advantageous to be competent in as many of the areas as possible, training will be given to the right candidate.
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref. Code: MobLSCsUkBc