Basic Middle Grades, Tier 2 and Tier 1. We recruit into all 3 grades depending on the experience of the candidates.Our hospital seeks to appoint Middle Grade doctors in the Emergency Department as soon as possible, to support the service and clinical improvements of the Trust.
There is ample opportunity for career development in EM . The department boasts an enviable record of developing, training and supporting doctors to progress as specialists in Emergency Medicine. The hospital is one of the largest Acute Trusts in the country and the biggest provider of Acute Healthcare Services in NHS North East London and the City, serving a local population of over 750,000 from a wide range of social and ethnic groups. The Trust operates two Emergency Departments alongside other acute services covering all the major specialties of a large District General Hospital as well as a joint Cancer Centre with Barts Health NHS Trust, a regional Neurosciences Centre and a dedicated Breast Screening service . General healthcare and Cancer services are also provided , with specialist Neurosciences services being provided to a population base of some 2.1 million.
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full Registration with the GMC or eligibility to register
- 3 years post full registration with wide experience in all aspects of Emergency Medicine
- ACCS specialties, Anaesthesia, EM, Intensive Care Medicine or Acute Medicine, of which at least 12 months must be in Emergency Medicine.
- Recognised completion of SHO training
- Advanced Life Support ALS
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- North East England