Market Advisor (afternoon shift)
GDBS (Global Diageo Business Services) is a multi-functional, multicultural, multi-language Shared Service Centre that handles DIAGEO-wide transactions across various world regions.
The OTC Process serves around 25 markets/countries.
Most of these are European with each an individual trading structure and culture and currently in a competitive economic environment. Markets like GB, North-America and Iberia, Russia and Germany are key contributors to overall Diageo performance.
Dimensions of the role
The role is responsible for a specific process stream – Clearing - across a number of GDBS served markets.
The Supply, Corporate & IOI area is a special and colourful part of the OTC structure, providing Sundry, Credit Control and Clearing related support to several markets & a wide range of areas within Diageo. The overall aim is to reduce complexity, increase transparency and go the Simpler-Faster–Better way. Our customers belong to a wide variety and are located in different countries.
Purpose of Role
The Market Advisor has the following responsibilities:
- keeping the Clearing GL’s up-to-date
- managing payment runs
- works in close cooperation with Credit Control Teams
- Clearing issue resolution & GL reconciliation for the respective company codes and GL accounts
- Return payment process in close collaboration with the Bank of America
- Manual payment process
- Direct Debit technical issue resolution support
- Providing a High Quality Customer Service to stakeholders to agreed service standards.
- Continuously improving service levels in co-operation with the IMC (In Market Company), Finance and other parts of the business to strive for excellence in a highly competitive environment.
Top 3-5 accountabilities:
- Supporting Credit Control related activities through the Clearing process
- Working in close cooperation with the market stakeholders, the DBBV Credit Control Team and the Manila Teams
- KPI delivery in the area of GL maintenance
- Relationship management with key stakeholders, other DBS functions and Finance Teams
- issue resolution of the respective Clearing GL’s and daily maintenance of the GL’s
Qualifications and experience required:
- University or College degree and/or 1-2 years relevant experience
- Speaks English fluently (and any other European language/s according to market specifics)
- Has some financial knowledge or willingness to learn financial transactions
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is enthusiastic to solve problems
- Is a good team player but able to work individually
- Solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills required (SAP knowledge is an advantage)
- Is self-confident, accurate and pays attention to details
- Has strong influencing skills