Manager, Better Regulation - London
Manager, Better Regulation
£31,500 - £38,600 (FTA until end of 2014 with possibility of extension)
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
Our Better Regulation team works closely with government, other regulatory agencies and industry representatives to design and implement more effective regulation policies and practices that reduce the burden of regulation on the energy sector while promoting the best interests of consumers. This work is reported on annually within our Simplification Plan and you will lead on its recommendations and initiatives. This will involve extensive liaison with colleagues across a range of Ofgem schemes to promote compliance with better regulation initiatives, advising on new approaches and supporting their delivery. You will also work in partnership with other regulators on cross sector initiatives and you can expect regular contact with government departments. Your work will be both responsive, as changes in legislation demands, but also proactive, identifying opportunities for improving how Ofgem influences and regulates the energy markets.
Essential skills and experience:
• Proven ability to gather evidence and produce analysis to develop and present advice on a broad range of issues
• Understanding of wider government and regulatory environment to develop informed context to better regulation proposals and identify connections between policy areas
• Strong communication skills including experience in presenting to a range of audiences using appropriate methods and approaches
• Ability to identify and engage with key stakeholders including to influence on the value of better regulation to wider initiatives
• Broad understanding of the regulatory and commercial frameworks of regulated sectors including how better regulation can support policy objectives
• Expertise and enthusiasm for working across organisational boundaries
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
• Up to 30 days' annual leave
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
• Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
• Subsidised gym and restaurant (London only), and
• an Interest free season ticket loan.
To apply, please go to: www. ofgem .gov.uk/careers
Closing date: 9am, 7th April 2014.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
Please mention The GreenJobs Network of Websites when applying to this position.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />