MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - MULTI SKILLED (M&E BUILDING SERVICES) - London, City, EC1A2
Premier Plant Engineering Ltd (PPEUK) is looking for Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Electrical or Mechanical Building service.
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Electrical or Mechanical or HVAC Bias
Salary: £31K + OT, 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
Location: Central London - WC1B
Main Purpose of Job
Duties to include, but not be limited to:
- Preventive & reactive maintenance on commercial office building plant and equipment.
- Responding to emergency break downs throughout the building & its environs.
- Overhaul and repair of plant and equipment.
- Ensuring plant, equipment & tools on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- 40 hours per week, 3 weeks per month on Day shift (7am - 3pm or 9am to 5pm M-F), 1 week per month on night shift initially. Working hours subject to change as per client's requirements with continental shift a future possibility.
- Work overtime as required to meet clients requirements
- Be part of on-call rota and respond to call outs within 4 hours as required in line with the remit of the post.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, Promote and Carry out Preventive Maintenance
- Ensure all plant & equipment is safe and fit for purpose
- Installation of new plant, systems, circuits and equipment
- Overhaul and upkeep and repair of all plant and equipment including;
Boilers and heating plant
Water and air cooled air-conditioning plant
Electrical distribution systems
Water distribution systems
Fan coils Ventilation plant
Motor control centres
- Electrical Installation
- Review and advise on Engineering requirements and drawings
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits
- Actively promote safe working practices
- Work with and coordinating contractors
- Undertake repairs and servicing to the highest standard in accordance with work requests and pre-determined specifications
- Fault Finding, testing, and the removal or adjustment of existing fittings,
- fixtures and parts
- Where a detailed specification is not provided determine the cause of the fault and then undertake the most cost effective solution to remedy the defect.
- Effective Communication - keeping Management and relevant parties aware and seeking advice and assistance when required.
- Any other duty as may be required commensurate with the grading of the post and the skill of the post holder.
- Responsibilities for Equipment/Tools
- Company will provide specialist tools as required
- Key Holder
- To contribute to company objectives and values
- To adhere to Company Rules / Health and Safety / Environmental
- Standards and Practices
- To attend training and continuous development opportunities as required.
- Ensure that they continuously look for improvements to the service and for effective good practice within their role.
- The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this Job Description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate sound decision-making skill.
- Must have formal qualification in relevant trade
- Good Communication skills and be able to establish and maintain effective contact with staff and key partners, suppliers & contractors.
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- The ability to work as part of a team
- To be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work with low level supervision
- Large commercial office air-conditioning systems & plant
- BS 7671 (17th Edition Wiring regulations)
- Current knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
- General Mechanical/Electrical/HVAC knowledge
Work Related Experience
- Time Served apprenticeship
- Experience of Large commercial office air-conditioning systems & plant
- Work with and install single phase/three phase electrical circuits
- Knowledge and Experience on a wide range of building services (plumbing, sanitary, water hygiene, electrical distribution)
- Worked within a maintenance position for 5+ years
- Experience of Trend BMS
- Qualifications relevant to your base trade (ie C&G 232 Electrical Maintenance, C&G 236 Electrical Installation, C&G 1688/1788-10 Mechanical Maintenance, NVQ Level 3)
- BS th Edition Electrical Installation
- C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing
- C&G cooling tower/legionella management
- Enthusiasm, the ability to lead and contribute to a team, a flexible approach to all aspects of work.
- Flexible and Self Motivated
- The post holder must be able to meet the transport requirements of the post
- Must be prepared to work shifts, work overtime and attend call outs
- The post holder must be able to work well under pressure and be able to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- The role will demand that the post holder is able to challenge constructively existing ideas and practices.
- The post requires the use of discretion and initiative across all areas of work.
- There will be many occasions of conflicting demands and interruptions when high levels of concentration must be maintained
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref. Code: ManEngElBc