The Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, is looking for a professional for its partner
Linux Support Engineer
as a project employee (duration up to two years)
• System Administration within the projects concerning MAPS and «in-vehicle software».
• Ownership of the support, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and upgrades.
• Diagnose and resolve computer problems in the vehicles (remoteley).
• Analyse daily failures and proactively partake in corrective action and engineering change strategies.
• Ensure software compatibility to newer/upgraded hardware devices.
• Test and deploy new software releases in remote vehicles,
• Support the iterative improvement of software reliability and uptime.
• Review and upgrade engineering documents to reflect actual implementation.
• Extremely strong in writing documents, manuals, reports and summaries in English.
• Extended knowledge of GNU Linux or Unix OS (one of: Linux derivates, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in System Administration and/or troubleshooting.
• Knowledge in shell scripting (C, Perl, Bash, Python).
• Experiences in Python and C++ programming skills required.
• Fluent in written and spoken English required.
• Highly energetic and self-driven.
• Ability to successfully work independently as well as in teams.
• Depending on the projects, some travelling required and also willingness to travel on short notice if necessary
We offer you:
• It’s your chance to work and actively improve the services and quality of the leading Internet company in the world! After a probation period your contract will be prepared for 24 months. On top of the base salary you will gain from high fringe benefits.
Place of work:
• Zurich City