Linux Engineer (Ref.377)
Every day more than hundred thousand airplanes take off from airports all over the world. Even one plane's take-off requires countless critical fine-tuned technical and logistic processes, which would be impossible without stable and innovative IT solutions.
Lufthansa Systems Hungária Kft. is among the biggest Hungarian IT companies providing the full spectrum of IT services ranging from application development, test management & execution to 7/24 application and infrastructure operation. The company has unique know-how in development and operation of innovative applications for global customers within and outside the airline industry. We offer the possibility to work for the one and only Hungarian aviation IT company.
Linux Engineer (Ref.377)
Currently we are looking for a bright and self-motivated Linux Systems Engineer for our Engineering team. The new colleague will be focusing on our customer facing Linux and Middleware infrastructure and will work closely with the Operations, Engineering and Support teams. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of experience supporting a large number of Red Hat Linux or similar servers in a production IT environment.
- Analyze business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions, act as a last level support for Linux and middleware related issues
- Document technical descriptions for the 2nd level IT team to simplify multiply occuring operational works
- Share knowledge by helding trainings, coaching, directing, and reviewing the work of others colleagues
- Communicate with service operation teams and provide reliable support during escalation situations
- Plan with Operations and Engineering teams to implement changes/enhancements to the systems including customer requests and system updates to existing infrastructure/configuration
- Share on-call responsibilities, night and weekend projects, and support 2nd level team s work as required
- Good communication, conflict management skills
- Linux Admin and Script experience
- TCP/IP, LAN, WAN: basic knowledge
- Web related technologies: Apache, Tomcat
- OS: RedHat, SLES
- Business knowledge in any of the following industry: Airline business or Transportation and Logistics
- Middleware systems: Oracle WebLogic, RedHat Jboss, IBM WebSphere
- Database system administration: MySql DB, Maria DB
- Virtualization technology: Vmware
- Automation programming skills
Required for application
- Certificate of good conduct (erkölcsi bizonyítvány)