UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
Title of Position: Learning Solutions Assistant (Support)
Position No: Temporary Assistance position
Category & Level: General Service-4
Location: Global Learning Centre (GLC)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: as soon as possible
Duration: initially for six months
Closing Date: 14 March 2014
In the context of professionalizing the UNHCR Staff Development function, the incumbent is accountable for supporting the learning solutions cluster in all its learning activities, as well as its administration-related activities. S/he is accountable to ensure the accuracy of data submitted into the Learning Management System and PeopleSoft.
Learners in UNHCR are located in over 300 offices around the world, with an emphasis on skilled generalists, UNHCR staff is expected to be flexible and assume responsibilities in a range of different skill areas, which demands even more access to training and learning than usual. This generates the demand for a sophisticated and efficient approach to developing, storing, collaborating, registering and administering learning throughout the organization. UNHCR is poised to leverage learning technology by adopting and expanding a computerized learning management system and promoting effective distance learning as one of the principle means of learning delivery.
Under the direct supervision of his/her G7 level supervisor who will provide overall direction and guidance in connection with his/her work. The incumbent will provide logistical, administrative and financially-related support to technology-related Learning Programmes and other learning activities within the unit. S/he will, in particular, administrate learning resources, participant management as well as prepare training reports based on the learning platform usage and monitor learning budgets.
Additionally, the staff member contributes to the maintenance of learning materials, which involves supporting the work of other support staff, consultants, and coaches, in order to maintain the quality and relevance of materials.
The staff member will be responsible for managing the administration of UNHCR’s learning platform, Learn & Connect, both to internal GLC and external UNHCR stakeholders. The post requires the ongoing training and support of GLC’s training administrators while providing support and documentation to UNHCR’s staff and partners.
More specifically the post requires to work both internally with individuals and groups of staff from other units at HQ's and sometimes in coordination with field offices concerning capacity building and awareness raising activities to ensure appropriate cross-linkages of all UNHCR learning and training programmes, especially with a view to operational and management needs of the Organisation.
The incumbent will occasionally work directly with external service providers as well as consulting with subject matter experts from other UN agencies and non-governmental agencies as necessary on various issues with regard to the administration of learning programmes and specific support issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide resolutions to users support issues related to the UNHCR learning platform in a timely, courteous and professional manner;
- Manage learning platform external user registrations and follow-up
- Ensure the day-to-day running activities of Learn & Connect (administration, data feed maintenance, etc.);
- Take on an internal support role within the unit for managing and testing learning content and coordinating a learning resource library as well as any other online learning content.
- Support the development of written materials, guides, job aides, manuals etc. to be used for training/learning/staff development purposes;
- Assist in the analysis of the impact of training / learning activities, including the preparation of regular and ad hoc reports and compilation of statistics as required;
- Perform any other administration duties as required within the unit.
- Run training and learning related reports;
- Authorize learning activity participant completion for the learning activities within the unit;
- Administer Learn & Connect platform.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Secondary Education with course work/training or its equivalent technical or commercial school in Information Technology, education, supply management and/or business administration or a related field. Post-secondary education in the above subjects would be considered and advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in progressively responsible functions preferably related to learning platform administration, user support, and/or provision of training.
- Fluency in English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge and experience with UNHCR's operations and refugee issues;
- Expert Knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio) and related training;
- Familiarity with web design and graphic tools;
- Familiarity with reporting tools, database management;
- Knowledge about Web 2.0;
- Excellent drafting skills.
Candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of Applications
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, CV and Personal History Form (P11) by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Learning Solutions Assistant (Support)” in the subject line to the email address below by 14 March 2014.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése