Learning Manager - Fife
Role: Learning & Development Manager
The Amazon Learning & Development team is passionate about training and developing Amazonians. As an L&D Manager you will provide process training for associates, specialists and managers on your site and make sure that they are trained to perform their job safely.
You will play a central role in implementing our Associate-centric leadership as well as provide a key support to the management in facilitating change and engaging associates to new processes. As you will interact at all levels, you will need strong communication skills plus the ability to influence and convey complex issues into simply learning solutions.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a multinational team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Business Area: Operations - Fulfilment centre
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: SITE
You will ensure that a positive learning experience is delivered on site. The extent of your duties will include but are not limited to:
· Provide a EU Process training experience for salaried and hourly associates.
· Partner with HR and safety to ensure all mandatory training is delivered within the set timescales.
· Train ambassadors and buddy's to support new hires learning experiences and gather feedback to improve performance.
· Provide a safe learning environment for associates to experience process training.
· Suggest process improvements through business owners to improve EU Learning standards.
· Partner with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure training aids reflect safe behaviours and current processes (Standard Operating Processes).
· Provide development tools for hourly associate's to increase knowledge.
· Partner with operations and HR to develop high performing associate's to the next step.
· Support operations to identify actions/ behaviours which impact on safe, quality and productive performance.
· Support design and evaluate training materials to improve learning experiences.
· Support the Operational Excellence Team in the implementation of change based on Kaizen activities (process improvement).
· Provide Personal Development Plans for team members.
· Track and analyse test results, audits and performance against metrics.
· Provide training matrix for operations so they can track critical roles and identify possible risk.
The successful candidate will have:
Learning Management experience within a Distribution, Manufacturing/Production or similar industry environment.
Experience in carrying out all activities in the Training Cycle: Design, Delivery, Evaluation
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Can drive understanding (i.e., using visual aids, able to recognize when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention).
Experience using computers to develop materials, presentations and use of email and knowledge of internet/intranet.
Result-driven attitude and highly developed leadership ability.
Experience of implementing a wide range of change management and process improvement activities, based on broader organizational goals.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Degree or equivalent would be ideal.
Background in adult learning theory/course facilitation would be beneficial.
Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft) would be advantageous
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount, private health care and pension scheme.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, Spain and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 50 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.