Desktop Support Technician would be providing advanced level multilingual infrastructure and application support to the customer of TATA Consultancy Services.
Call and Incident Handling
• Provide advanced level technical support to Customer’s PC users, including software and hardware related issues but not limited to a desktops. (support involves mobile computers and other mobility devices)
• Assist users over the telephone and over web interface
• Supporting 3rd level resolver groups as and when needed
• Provides second level support for networks, data center & server activities and other tasks beyond the scope of L1 Service Desk
• Identifying and solving any problems that affect computer operating systems
• Provide advanced support to Customer’s PC using remote control tool. Support would include standard applications, antivirus and encryption agents.
• Ensures after an outage or service interruption the devices and applications of the users are working properly
• Instruct users on usage of application systems
• Play an active role in problem management activities
• Learn and implement new technologies, tools, processes and policies
• Provide training to other staff members as required.
• Document new technical solutions in knowledge base
• Document and share best practices and with other colleagues
• Ensure high level of customer satisfaction
• Understand quality requirements and aspects of the account and work according to those regulations
• Learn and adhere to TCS’ and customer’s policies and procedures
• Fluent French and English knowledge
• Good knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer or any other informatical system, which the specified task requires
• Capability to understand IT environment, basic knowledge about networks, TCP/IP, PC Configuration, Email systems
• Demonstrate analytical skills in problem solving.
• Excellent learning skills and high level of flexibility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of customer focus and approachability
• A colourful and dynamic work environment with a great diversity of people, cultures and business areas
• An open culture that improves the quality of life
• Learning and sharing that helps you to progress both professionally and personally