Junior purchasing specialist
POLO (Purchase Order Lifecycle Owner) team is accountable for the end-to-end Purchase Order life cycle; including direct responsibility for Purchase Order (PO) creation & related activities, business partnering with stakeholders & vendors & requestors.
Purpose of Role
To build, deploy, and sustain fit for purpose Corporate PO creation process and related services that deliver business value enabling Diageo to be the best every day everywhere.
POLO team is accountable for the end-to-end Purchase Order life cycle; including direct responsibility for PO creation & related activities, business partnering with stakeholders & vendors & requestors.
The role spans Purchase Order creation and maintenance across multiple Corporate sites and functions (Global Marketing, Finance, GDBS, Corporate Relations, IS, HR, Legal). The role will involve working with a wide variety of requestors and stakeholders in the business and will help improve compliance and purchasing standards.
- Efficiently and effectively manage POs
- Raise Purchase Orders according to Purchasing Group requestors
- Provide support to the market that facilitates the accurate, efficient and timely set up and approval of purchase orders within SAP.
- Manage the accurate and on time efficient approval of all Purchase Orders within SAP and coordination of the receipt of goods and services whilst ensuring that the surrounding internal control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Manage parked and blocked items. Analyze daily blocked and parked report and ensure all outstanding items are kept to minimum.
- Ensure that all queries are resolved promptly and courteously through either personal intervention or liaison with GDBS and/or market.
- Monitor Purchase Order housekeeping in cooperation with the Requestor. Run monthly reports to ensure unused open PO's are closed and goods receipts are completed in a timely manner.
- This process should link seamlessly with other processes and initiatives that are managing the choice and use of vendors, and the continuous improvement of the Source to Pay process.
- Contribute ideas, energy, enthusiasm and support to the continuous improvement of the “Source to Pay” process.
- Provide input to monthly Service Review call and ensure main KPIs meet the target
- Manage brilliant business partnering
- Highlight and escalate supplier and requestor compliance issues.
- Highlight any potential process and knowledge gap and ensure proper resolution.
- Advice requestors where required e.g. appropriate methodology re vendor information, alternative buying channels.
Qualifications and experience required
- High degree in finance or economics
- Purchase to Pay Process Knowledge - Good knowledge of relevant process. Accurately and carefully follows established procedures to the agreed service levels
- Strong organizational, customer service, manager and employee relation skills
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy - Demonstrates sound commitment to importance of “right first time” principle through ensuring own work is 99% error free. Assists colleagues where necessary in learning effective techniques
- Language skills
- English excellent
- PC skills/System knowledge
- MS applications, especially strong Excel and Outlook
- Involves the right people to obtain information needed.
- Willingly offers help or assistance to others when needed.Ability to build and maintain successful relationships across
- Is aware of local tax legislation and policies impacting the market and countries.
- Understands the role of internal controls and expected outcomes of having proper internal controls e.g. reliability & integrity of business information, safeguarding of assets and intellectual capital.
- Uses system outputs to meet basic job requirements and applies basic tests for reasonability and accuracy.
- Ability to articulate system issues clearly to ensure solutions can be identified and implemented.