For our multinational Business Partner we are seeking a
JUNIOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT ENGINEER
Under direction of the Senior IT Infrastructure Support Engineer, provides direct support to the computer hardware and software community. Performs peripheral installations, software application services, and other affiliated computer support. Performs special projects and assists as needed in other areas of the department.
· Support of IT Infrastructure Systems at all locations
· Responding to Helpdesk Calls
· Ensuring the our data is safe and secure
· Ensuring that all IT services are provided in a reliable and cost effective manner
The best candidate has to know the followings:
- First line software and hardware setup and troubleshooting.
- Including all IT related peripherals & systems (e.g mobile phone / blackberry, photocopier, barcode printers, RF mobile devices, projector, door access, CCTV etc).
- Operation of data backup systems according to latest procedures [see CEN-COM-S-085].
- Proactive monitoring of IT Systems and preventative maintenance (e.g Network Monitoring system, bandwidth management, application of security patches, deployment of McAfee, testing of backup and restore.
- Working with other staff to understand their IS / IT related problems and ensure that the necessary support / solution is applied.
- Support the server and network environments – VM ware, Windows servers, SANs, switches, routers.
- Handle virus protection activities (McAfee).
- Follow the European IT policies, procedures and standards concerning hardware, software, security policies, software licences and backup control.
- Ensure IT facilities are correctly and made available on time for all new starters.
- Deliver IT induction for new starters (PC policy, email, office, CMACS etc).
Such other comparable duties as may be required by the Head of Department
· Excellent Microsoft Windows operating systems support skills.
· An advanced understanding of - TCP/IP.
· A solid understanding of virus protection methods (McAfee).
· Full and valid driving licence.
· Good experience of Windows 2000 - 2012 Server, IIS 5 - 8, Active Directory, Exchange Server 2003 - 2013 or
Windows 2000 - 2012 Terminal Server.
· Higher level degree in Information Technology is desirable.
· A minimum of 2 years relevant experience of networked PC support in Microsoft Windows environment.
· Some knowledge of VMware virtual environments and VPN networking.
· Good language skills: Hungarian and English.
· Familiarity with multinational companies.
THE COMPANY OFFERS
- Flexible working. Our IT Systems operate on a 24x7 basis. It is a requirement of all IT staff that they are from time to time available to respond to issues out of normal business hours. It is also expected that from time to time it is necessary to make changes to business systems outside normal business hours in order to minimize the impact of change on normal operations.
- Continuous Learning. Technology continues to develop. It is essential that our IT staff maintain an awareness of new technologies and services available.
- Prioritization. Experience must demonstrate effective handling of a variety of priorities and timelines; attention to detail and accuracy in performing work.
- Effective communication with diverse groups/individuals; effective customer service skills.
PLACE OF WORK