Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a German speaking Junior AP Accountant, based in Debrecen, Hungary, to join our team in our newly created Finance Shared Service Center, supporting our $4.5B global U.S.-based company.
As part of our long-term vision for the Flowserve Shared Service model, the Debrecen facility may potentially accommodate up to 400 employees over the next 3-5 years. This center will serve the North American and EMEA regions. Scope of work of the center will be Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report and other functions. The Accounts payable group is expected to grow to around 100 people.
- Bachelor's Degree (or in progress) required.
- 0-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience.
- Some prior part time work or intern experience.
- Good general software skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in German & English.
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Process vendor invoices up for payment
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Maintain vendor files
- Assist with month end closing