Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of Investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to the company’s success. They share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. The firm can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking candidates for the following role:
Firm Risk Management (FRM) as a business unit is responsible for capturing and analysing the risk and capital metrics and to report them to appropriate regulators. In this context, risk represents a potential of incurring a financial loss due to certain events that could be categorised into credit risk, market risk, operational risk, etc. The IT department of FRM (i.e. FRM IT) is responsible for designing, developing and supporting the IT systems capable of providing all those risk metrics.
Background on the Team:
Market Risk IT team is responsible for building and supporting IT systems that perform Value-at-Risk (VaR, an industry standard market risk measure) calculations and related risk and capital metrics on a continuous basis. Accuracy, completeness and timeliness are key characteristics of these reports, therefore a great emphasis is being put onto stability and scalability.
To grow our strong Budapest presence, we are looking for skilled Java developers who are capable of producing highly reliable and quality solutions to enhance the existing Market Risk Platform and extend it by implementing new requirements as they come along.
The candidate's responsibilities will include participation in the entire software development lifecycle, from requirement and feasibility analyses, design, development, testing, deployment and production support. In doing so, the candidate will be expected to liaise with other developers, business analysts, operational, support and quality assurance staff around the globe on a daily basis.
- An advanced understanding of Java (at least 2 years of experience), including experience in multi-threading and batch-oriented processing
- Practical knowledge of databases, including data modelling and SQL interaction
- Hands-on experience in a Linux environment and writing shell scripts therein
- Experience in using Spring framework
- Experience in a higher level scripting language, e.g. Perl/Python
- Exposure to functional programming, especially Scala
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
Please, send your CV to E-mail cím megjelenítése e-mail address, by indicating the following reference number in the Subject field: HR6899080X
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 70
Email: E-mail cím megjelenítése