Our client is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,300 offices in 42 countries, the people of this firm are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. Since its establishment in 2006 the Technology division in Budapest has grown rapidly to over 350 professionals. The teams are part of a global technology organization that is responsible for the development, support and maintenance of business critical applications and a world class infrastructure.
We are looking candidates for the following role:
Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Technology is a global team which develops enterprise systems in support of the Institutional Securities Group, including Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. The team is organized in a set of Practice Area Groups, each focused on a particular financial product area or functional discipline critical to our business. These include the following product aligned Practice Area Groups: Commodities Product Group, Equity Derivative and Swap Product Group, Fixed Income Cash and FX Product Group, Fixed Income Derivatives Product Group. The following functionally aligned groups provide technology solutions across product groups: Algorithmic Trading Connectivity & Market Making, Content & Workflow Technology, CRM Client Applications, Electronic Trading & Real Time Applications, Firm Funding, Client Financing & Funding Administration, Production Management, Risk Technology, Trade Enrichment, and Reporting & Allocation. Each Practice Area Group is comprised of a number of smaller Practice Areas which offer further specialization.
The Equity Derivatives Trading Practice Area provides technology to support derivatives flow, exotic and securitized equity derivative trades from inception through to maturity covering pre-trade and post trade activities. Pre-trade functionality includes product structuring, price discovery, pricing, and request-for-quote. Post-trade functionality includes the capture of trade and market events.
Our team’s main business area is the over-the-counter (OTC) or off-exchange trading, where the financial instruments are traded between the counterparties directly, not on the exchange. TX Trade Capture is a new product to capture and amend OTC trades, handle their lifecycle from creation until expiration and to coordinate their processing by downstream systems. The product consists of a cutting-edge Windows user interface, a bi-temporal relational database and a set of loosely coupled backend processes written in Java and Scala. We use the latest technologies and development methods across the project to ensure high quality and shortest delivery cycles.
The Budapest team is one of the biggest with 15 developers out of about 80 people distributed around the globe. Our typical day is a mix of communication, planning and design, development and testing.
- Communicating with end users and business analysts to gather requirements and demonstrate proposed solutions
- Planning, estimation and design – usually done in a group
- Developing features from little tweaks to many man-week roadmap items. This includes not only implementing the core functionality but also writing and executing unit and behavioral tests
- Creating test plans and test scripts to be used by testers or business analysts
- Administering development tasks to provide transparency for management
- A thorough knowledge of standard Java
- Previous experience of Unix/Linux
- Experience of basic SQL
- Experience of software development life-cycle
- Open to occasional exposure to other technologies such as C#, python or shell scripting
- Deal with complexity of existing systems, good problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and disciplined, but with the ability to work on short deadlines on occasion
- Team player. Good verbal and written communication skills with business users and colleagues in our global team
- Experience of some scripting language (i.e. Perl, Python)
- Experience of stored procedure development
- Experience of DB2
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
Please, send your CV to E-mail cím megjelenítése e-mail address, by indicating the following reference number in the Subject field: HR6899022X
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 70
Email: E-mail cím megjelenítése