Japanese SEO Executive - London, Islington, EC1V 7DF
The role is responsible for a number of different tasks on a day to day basis; writing category, sub category and designer descriptions and adding on-page SEO tags for our Japanese market. You will also be responsible for generating content ideas that can be used on external websites to better the overall SEO efforts. The ideal candidate will be creative, passionate about SEO and fashion as well as being excellent writer.
Ideal position for post graduates or junior SEO execs looking to join a creative fast growing digital marketing team.
- To create SEO content/copy for category pages on Farfetch.com/jp/
- To proactively seek out areas of Farfetch that require new content and update the pages directly
- Create meta data for required pages in Japanese
- Add appropriate meta data to each page through the new CMS
- To create and add appropriate H1 tags on pages through new CMS
- Drive additional organic search engine visitors from Google and Yahoo JP
- To help think of creative campaign ideas for the SEO team that can then be utilised to help build link and increase organic performance
Key skills and experience?
- Basic understanding of Search Engine optimisation (SEO)
- Good understanding of on-page SEO techniques
- Knowledge of ranking factors in Google and Yahoo JP organic search
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- An ability to work to a brief with clear deadlines but also to work independently
- A good understanding of the wider fashion industry, including knowledge of fashion ecommerce sites, blogs and fashion magazines in Japan
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and SEO reporting
Non-essential but desirable:
- Degree related to a creative subject or digital marketing
- Experience running your own blog or website
- Understanding of HTML
- Ideally, 1 year+ SEO experience working in-house or at an agency