Our Client established the European Business Support Center in Budapest in 2004. It has since become an indispensable service provider for its affiliates in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. As an employer, in exchange for commitment, integrity, innovation and passion, they provide work that is challenging and rewarding.
The General Accounting Analyst is typically responsible for all accounting aspects of the relevant process (Bank Accounting, Intercompany and Fixed Assets) including end-to-end processing, problem resolution of difficult transactions, account reconciliation, month-end close and reporting. Individuals may be responsible for the activities of specific countries and hence knowledge of a second European language may be desirable. He/she will be assigned to Analyst / Senior Analyst / Staff Analyst positions depending on education level, previous relevant work experience, language skills etc. Specific responsibilities include:
- Transaction processing to account for fixed assets movements, inter-company invoices or bank statement entries
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the financial records in line with US GAAP guidelines
- Review and monitoring of interface reports and follow up of exceptions
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations for assigned accounts per internal standards
- Analyze and prepare data for financial reporting purposes
- Investigate and follow up reconciling items for prompt clearance of outstanding entries
- Work with other team members to identify and develop process improvement opportunities
- Monitor control reports
- Higher education (College or University) in Finance, Accountancy or Economics
- Accounting knowledge
- Fluency in English and Italian both written and oral
- Ability to assimilate business procedures and practices related to accounts under responsibility
- Ability to assimilate internal accounting guidelines (capital versus expense treatment, foreign exchange, VAT)
- Ability to assimilate internal control and business ethics standards
- Understanding of related information systems
- Numeracy and P.C. skills, experience with SAP R3 would be of benefit
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to influence and to work in a team environment
- Communication and Problem Solving skills
- Ability to meet priorities and deadlines
- Sound analytical skills and control minded.
This represents an outstanding opportunity for you to join a dynamic and expanding organization directly supporting one of the world's largest multinational corporations. Expect to be part of a multi-cultural work environment, supporting global operations, using state of the art systems and processes. Successful candidates will enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, extensive technical and business training and opportunities within this large business support organization.