IT Technician - Braintree, Immediate start - Essex, Braintree, CM7 0
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a few years experience in IT support or working with computer hardware. The role comes with good benefits, offers some flexibility in hours and would be a solid step in building your career in IT.
Our Client provides asset management services involving the recovery, refurbishment and reuse of customers' used IT equipment, with the knowledge that all data and environmental issues meet the strictest UK/EU legislation and that the integrity of sensitive data is maintained.
They are looking for a full-time IT Technician to join their busy team. This is a shift based role (rotates weekly;6:30am to 2pm and 2pm to 9:30pm), so you need to be comfortable with this.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Technician:
The role involves the processing and testing of I.T. equipment which includes functional & safety testing, the secure wiping of customer data, and the production of accurate test data. As an IT technician you will be responsible for completion of wide range of tasks including the following:
- Quality checking equipment prior to dispatch to end customers or clients
- Process & test incoming client equipment ensuring all work is produced in line with the specific Client's contracts and instructions
- Perform electrical safety testing (PAT Test)
- Produce accurate test recording of all activities you have carried out on equipment
- Upgrade equipment via software / hardware as appropriate in relation to job/client requirements, complete software installations.
- Removal of all traces of client identity as required
- Clean client systems to a high standard as appropriate in relation to job/client requirements
- Assist with stock queries arising from pallets handed over to the next department
- Dealing with customer returns and reporting findings to Product Sales
- Ensure pallets and equipment leaving Technical/Projects have been stacked correctly/safely and are in appropriate condition for their destination warehouse
Candidates applying for the role of IT Technician should:
- Be educated to a minimum level or equivalent of 4 GCSE's of C grade or above, to include, English
and Maths, and/or a relevant IT qualification (eg. BTec - Level 3) - this is an essential requirement.***
- Have a good practical knowledge of various IT hardware i.e. Printers, Systems, Notebooks, TFT's, Servers etc. as well as IT components i.e. CPU's, RAM, HDD's etc.
- Have good attention to detail to ensure accurate data input
- Be target driven and have ability to complete work with high quality and meet the targets
- Be fit and able to lift and move IT equipment
- Be team players but also capable of working on their own
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is desirable but not essential
- Be based in the UK and have a valid work permit to work in the UK
Compensation & Benefits for the role of IT Technician:
- Initial salary of £13,500 p.a. raising to £14,000 p.a. following probation
- Company Bonus Scheme in excess of £1,000 p.a.
- Income Protection and Death in Service insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Preferential rates for health care and critical illness insurance
- Childcare Vouchers,
- Subsidised Canteen,
- 35 hour week,
- 28 days holiday (includes bank holidays) increasing to 33 days holiday after 5 years service,
We regret to inform you that only candidates who meet the above requirements for the role of IT Technician will be considered. We are not able to discuss any queries over the phone but email queries will be dealt with. Successful candidates will be contacted directly by our Client.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />