Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is that global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
We are looking for
IT Technical Process Manager
For our Budapest Office
The Enterprise Computing team is responsible for managing the compute and storage provisioning and returning processes within a global firm. It supervises and improves the work of various technical groups with an engagement of internal customers, vendors as well as colleagues in the global integration, engineering and operations teams. Besides maintaining the provisioning service the team is also involved in technical consultancy, capacity management, tool development and deployment projects.
There is also an increasing focus on consolidation and hygiene of the global server plant, improving the repurpose and reclaim workflows of as part of the product life cycle management.
Experience in a distributed systems environment within a large organization and a broad technical knowledge of datacenter technologies, server virtualization and Linux operating systems would be advantageous.
- Managing and improving server and storage provisioning processes
- Reviewing and clarifying technical and project details for server/storage requests
- Leading negotiation with internal customers, finding the optimal solution to satisfy the requirements
- Regular follow-up with key customers, providing status updates, handling escalations
- Managing remote teams to ensuring requests are completed within service level agreements
- Working with global operations, engineering and integration teams
- Knowledge / information sharing within the MIS team
- Min. 3 years of experience in process management
- Solid understanding of server/storage infrastructure in a mid/large organization
- Familiarity with Service Management (ITIL)
- Advanced Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint) for creating reports
- Enterprise collaboration platform fundamentals (Share point / Twiki)
- Project management experiences in IT infrastructure projects
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships across various IT organizations
- Understanding of storage (NAS, SAN) and server technologies (e.g. blade systems, resiliency)
- Knowledge of data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy)
- Understanding of LAN/WAN network infrastructure architecture
- Experiences in process design, improvement and automation in IT operation
- Technical consultancy skills to be able to explain complex technical solutions to customers
- Intermediate level in one scripting language (e.g Perl)
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please visit our website to the link below. Position number: 3018661