We are looking for an IT Business Analyst with Unix background.
This is a Front Office IT position in Top Financial Firm, facing-off vs. client IT, Wall Street vendors and internal Trading desks that provides opportunity to learn about Financial technology as part of the rollout of new high-speed trading platform.
- Project Management - Ability to manage time and resource scheduling, personally and those of others that are necessary to complete delivery.
- Customer service focused – need to be able to deliver projects consistently and manage conflicting and changing priorities while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable working in a UNIX environment – e.g.knowledge of basic shells, scripting, possibly Perl or other common scripting tools and XML, HTML.
- Comfortable working with database queries – SQL in SYBASE, etc.
- Familiarity with networking dynamics – TCP/IP and basic understanding of routing.
- Problem solving – skill with pulling apart a sequence of events that is going wrong, diagnosing the problem and suggesting or implementing a solution
- College degree
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of or experience in the Financial Industry
- Knowledge of or experience in the FIX protocol