Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Operations Manager - Edinburgh
The ICQA Operations Manager has complete responsibility for overall Fulfillment Center Inventory Control and Quality Assurance.
· Ensure key performance metrics are reviewed on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform detailed analysis on behaviors and processes impacting inventory integrity
· Possess or gain expertise in key process paths and exception handling ensuring that process discipline is adhered to across all shifts and departments.
· Measurement of quality & inventory transaction integrity accuracy while providing feedback to the operations
· Partner with Area Managers & Operations Managers in the communication of policies in accordance to standard work.
· Coordinate maintenance and random counts in accordance to network count strategies ensuring compliance and consistency with SOX and other requirements.
· Plan for & identify root causes of inventory deviation through cause & effect analysis.
· Review & analysis of customer defect data with development of corresponding action plans to reduce defects
· Lead & supervise a team of area managers (front-line supervisors) & hourly associates in Inventory Control / Quality Assurance operations within the fulfillment center. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, & evaluation of the operation.
· Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies & procedures: to include interviewing & training exempt & nonexempt employees; full accountability for setting & meeting operational goals; strategic planning & forecasting; assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; as well as developing area managers & standard operating procedures.
· Drive process improvements & the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others in an effort to reduce shrink.
· Candidate must be able to teach, educate and influence managers and associates on the importance of inventory control & quality assurance.
· Optimizes storage requirements and modifies bin configuration to facilitate productive operations and maintain inventory integrity.
· Work with all department managers to identify and understand key projects, initiatives and system enhancements
· Work with loss prevention to establish, influence and adhere to loss prevention policies and procedures.
· Participate in Network-wide quality initiatives.
· Inventory & Quality Assurance Management experience
· Experience with WMS Systems
· Possess strong verbal and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to organize vast amounts of data and possess solid time management skills
· Must be resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a complex environment
· Proven ability to influence without authority at all levels of the organization.
· Capable of working the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel. MS Access experience is a plus
· Supervisory experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
· Strong understanding of finance and accounting functions and understands inventory/accounting relationships
· Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, & intelligence.
· APICS Certification
· Candidate must be a quick study on various software systems and data analysis tools
· Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or beliefLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />