Intermediate Java developer
- Liaise directly with internal clients including traders and Operations in order to gather requirements and identify creative ways to solve business problems
- Develop functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed
- Liaise with other members or the team and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed, while working with team members and our partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to Production
- Continuously improve the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary
- Strong knowledge of Java, primarily within server-side development.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Interest in learning about the Secured Financing business and partnering directly with end users and subject matter experts in the front and middle office.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming.
- Experience using relational databases (SQL).
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams.
- Business knowledge of repo, securities lending or collateral management or other financial software development.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and XML.
- Agile development practice.
- DB2 experience.