On behalf of our Partner - who is acting in the financial field - we are actively recruiting for an Indirect Tax Manager to their local regional Tax Department with European and EMEA indirect tax responsibilities. The Person will provide high quality transition to the local Indirect Tax Manager and also provide high quality consulting and technical administration support to the Global Indirect Tax Team.
- Assume a key leadership role within the team, in coordination with the local Indirect Tax Manager, actively leading / supporting:
- the transition of Indirect tax processes from in country to Budapest Tax Department;
- the redesign of transitioned processes to create class leading processes and controls;
- the management of Indirect tax returns and associated risks to ensure compliance, including the submission of all tax returns in an accurate and timely manner;
- SOX compliance and identifying opportunities to improve the internal control environment;
- relationships with local tax regulatory bodies. Ensure that we comply with local regulations;
- the management of the indirect tax team to ensure a motivated , happy and high performing team.
- Where necessary on account of resource shortfalls, assist in preparation of tax returns, including if necessary the quarterly close process;
- Support the Global Indirect Tax team as required on projects, research; query resolution, technical administration and knowledge management.
- Economist, Finance & Accounting , Tax or equivalent qualification
- Experience gained at Big4s, multinational companies or shared services
- Leadership skills: ability to lead a small team, motivate, mentor, coach and develop staff
- Self-motivated and proactive personality
- An excellent team player with a passionate desire for team success
- Flexibility to adapt to challenges and changing priorities
- Ability to prioritise and reprioritise on an ongoing basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent English, any other European language is an advantage