On behalf of our Partner - who is an international financial services company - we are actively recruiting for the following position:
EMEA Indirect Tax Manager
- Support indirect tax advisory function
- Providing indirect tax advice to stakeholders, to the company other finance divisions, product managers and the other EMEA Indirect Tax Manager.
- Analysing the impact of changes in indirect tax legislation or practice across the region.
- Keeping relevant stakeholders informed of indirect tax changes that impact the business.
- Assist EMEA Indirect Tax Manager in developing VAT and other relevant company specific product strategies across the region.
- Assist in managing indirect tax audits across the region.
- Liaising with advisors to obtain indirect tax advice.
- Actively identifying areas for process improvements
- Strong knowledge of the principal EU VAT directives and case laws
- Knowledge of financial sector taxes is preferable but not required
- Some experience of advising financial services companies on indirect tax issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with professionals from varying backgrounds and cultures
- Innovative and always looking for continuous improvement
- Strong excel skills
- At least 6-7 years’ indirect tax experience in the Big 4, financial services industry
- Experience advising on complex indirect tax issues
- Fluent English
- Tax qualification, Accounting background or lawyer
- Experience of negotiating with tax authorities
- Experience of operating at a management level