HR Support Specialist
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent of this post will provide support within the company by maintaining and monitoring reports and ensuring that timely action is taken on status of entitlements and allowances in accordance with the company policies and procedures. The incumbent will perform a variety of clerical duties related to the administration of the office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES & TASKS:
- Monitor the staff personnel records.
- Perform necessary administrative actions on contractual status, entitlements, Mobility and Hardship Allowances, etc.
- Maintain staff entitlements and profiles in SAP-HR.
- Maintain computerized reporting system for Human Resources Processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of administrative actions and update reporting system with status changes (e.g. contractual status, marriage status).
- Responsible for understanding changes in policy procedures.
- Review policy and participation in staff meetings.
- Prepare and initiate major Human Resources documents.
- Create employment verification letters and issue ground
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement. University level courses in administration and finance are desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in human resources is required.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of the following languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is highly desirable.