Our multinational client is a leader in its sector and we are currently looking for a
German-speaking HR Delivery Team Leader
to their Budapest-based office.
The Budapest HR Delivery Centre professionals are passionate about surpassing the customer service and business objective expectations of their clients. Our teams provide top quality front and back office HR services to an extensive client base across Europe, Middle East and Africa engaging all of its customers with cultural fluency (more than 40 languages are actually spoken in the centre).
The main mission of the Payroll domain is to deliver Payroll services to both internal and external clients. The team in general is responsible for the administration of various inputs received (from HR, employees, management, authorities, client) and to run the payroll to generate payments to employees and third parties in an accurate, timely and well controlled manner, complying with the country specific regulations.
The purpose of the Payroll Team Leader role is to develop subject matter expertise in Payroll processes for the country in scope, take ownership for designated processes and lead a team of Payroll Practitioners.
- Continuously strive to deliver excellence in Customer Service
- Own specific work processes, being the payroll expert, identifying ideas and investigating those raised by other team members to ensure maximum efficiency and perform re-engineering if necessary
- Maintain and improve accurate controls
- Allocate workload among team members
- Handle escalations, investigate and eliminate root causes
- Handle reporting requests to support decision making
- Participate in a wide variety of projects
- Train Payroll practitioners
- Establish & maintain payroll records
- Validation of all payments and deductions
- Ensure full knowledge of the company's / clients' policies and external taxation regulations – ensuring all payments are duly authorized, correct, and technically compliant
- Acquire full working knowledge of all Internal Control requirements and ensure that all areas of payroll have the required levels of control
- Acquire technical mastery of the payroll systems in place
- Responsibility of being expert in all related processes and country specifics, owning and updating documentation, communicating changes and providing training to team members, continuously looking to improve work processes to ensure the processes are working effectively at all times
- Lead the implementation of changes and manage projects to improve timeliness, accuracy and efficiency of the payroll processes
This opportunity offers the successful candidate:
- To develop the breadth and depth of their payroll skills, progressing their career in multi contract Payroll Delivery environment servicing both Internal and External Commercial customers.
- A multicultural, dynamic and positive team environment
- Continuous development opportunities
- Varied tasks, job roles and possibility to participate in local or international projects
- An attractive working environment in the city centre
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English: Fluent
- German: Fluent
- Experience in Payroll
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Drives good team work through clear and proactive communication and cooperation
- Innovative, continuously seeking to analyze and improve work processes
- Ability to deal with complex issues, identify solutions and implement them
- Ability to work under own initiative, with minimal supervision in order to manage workload to meet strict monthly and annual deadlines
- Ability to tackle large volumes of work and maintain concentration on individual tasks in order to increase productivity
- Ability to maintain high level of technical mastery of the payroll system in place
- Ability to work across boundaries and form productive working relationships with other departments
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and exercise integrity
- Prioritizes work effectively
- Attention to detail, and accuracy in every aspect of the role, is essential
- Flexibility to undertake non-routine requests and lead projects
Location: Budapest, Hungary.