Position Overview and Responsibilities
The HRIS Analyst is an entry level position within the HRIS structure. The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This individual serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Analyst also supports HRMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
System Maintenance (% of time: 10)
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of system upgrades or patches.
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
- Maintain HRMS system tables.
- Document process and results.
Production Support (% of time: 55)
- Provide support including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or process flaws;
- perform scheduled activities;
- recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
Projects/Process Improvement (% of time: 30)
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll).
- Use project management skills in managing projects.
- May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative.
Reports/Queries (% of time: 5)
- Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous Work Experience
- 1-3 years of HRIS experience preferred.
For nearly 40 years, National Instruments (NI) has worked with engineers and scientists to provide answers to the most challenging questions. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. If you can turn it on, connect it, drive it, or launch it, chances are NI technology helped make it happen. We provide powerful, flexible technology solutions that accelerate productivity and drive rapid innovation. From daily tasks to grand challenges, NI helps engineers and scientists overcome complexity to exceed even their own expectations. Customers in nearly every industry—from healthcare and automotive to consumer electronics and particle physics—use NI’s integrated hardware and software platform to improve our world.