HIGH THROUGH PUT-ASSAY DEVELOPER-SCREENING COORDINATOR
Intrexon provides comprehensive synthetic biology solutions. We are focused on collaborating with companies in Health, Food, Energy, Environment, and Consumer Sectors to create biologically based products and processes that improve the quality of life and health of the planet. Through an integrated suite of proprietary tools, Intrexon enables our collaborators to rapidly and reliably iterate through each critical stage of development including design, build, test, and learn to quickly arrive at optimal biological solutions with real-world value.
Our mission is to create a better world through BetterDNA™.
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Department: Industrial Products
Job Type: Full Time
Education: MSc / PhD
Experience: 3+years in industrial screening setting
Travel: limited amount of travel might be expected
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized individual to coordinate high throughput screening campaigns at our enzyme engineering facility in Budapest (Intrexon Laboratories Hungary). Working closely with the enzyme-engineering group in South San Francisco, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Assay development and transfer between sites
- Preparing, executing, managing and troubleshooting screening operations
- Collection, analysis and storage of data
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and leadership skills and in-depth knowledge of enzymology, assay development, high throughput screening, data capture and analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with South San Francisco enzyme engineering group to transfer and execute high throughput screening assays to Budapest screening facility
- Plan and prepare for screening campaigns by managing the work of and collaborating with other employees and ensuring materials, methods, and automation is running smoothly
- Carry out high throughput screens, collect and analyze large data sets using statistical software and prepare reports
- Be a conscientious laboratory citizen, adhere to company safety standards, and use knowledge of laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemistry or a related field
- 3+ years post graduate experience in an industrial screening setting
- Experience with the following:
- Preparation, execution and troubleshooting high throughput screens
- Working with laboratory automation systems
- Working with high throughput data collection, analysis-using software tools.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Highly organized and collaborative within the core group and the company at large
- Effective communicator in both oral and written forms, both in English and Hungarian
- Flexible time management and availability to coordinate with South San Francisco site (Pacific Time zone)
- Highly motivated to solve problems through creative thinking, maintaining attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Dynamic, inspiring team environment
For more information, please visit our website dna.com