Head of new Budapest financial SSC
Our client is a global leader in its industry (services). For their new shared services in Hungary, the company is looking for a Head of new Budapest financial SSC to be set up.
The Head of the Shared Services will lead the client’s Shared Services management team and hold overall responsibility for meeting the financial transaction processing, accounting and other administrative requirements of the contract in Hungary and across EMEA. Joining the team at the inception of the Shared Services, this role will significantly influence the shape, culture and performance of the SSC from day one. Following go-live, the longer term objective will be to drive a continuously improving SSC to levels of performance, productivity and quality that demonstrate the best practices and highest attainable results of such an organisational model. The role will have management responsibility for in excess of 100 staff executing a full range of finance processes, tasks and activities plus a growing range of administrative and estate management functions.
– Build a professional team of managers and associates to service the contract with the client
– On boarding a new team, managing knowledge transfer and on the job training in readiness for the provision of new client specific SSC activities initially for the UK and NL
– Ensure the SSC and its management meet defined performance targets
– Continuous improvement of the SSC performance up to and beyond targets
– Manage the relationship between the SSC and its client in relation to expectations, performance, timeliness, responsiveness, productivity and quality, measured by performance against SLA’s and KPI’s.
– Management of quality issues and risks
– Efficiency, innovation and improvement of processes and procedures
– Continuity of operational process knowledge within the SSC
– Continuous improvement in efficiency and reduction of transactional processing & accounting costs, measured by actual costs delivered within stretching budgets
– Line management and development of key managers and their staff
– Member of the EMEA Shared Services project management team
– Process responsibility for all aspects of OTC, PTP, Treasury and Estates Management
– Client specific SSC performance management
– Managing and motivating a team of more than 100 UK based staff through approx. 5 direct reports. Remote management of several staff across EMEA, initial focus in the UK and NL with further deployments across EMEA
– Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with business leaders across employer and client in EMEA.
– Management information and departmental budgets, forecasting and cost control
– Meeting local and corporate accounting requirements for all EMEA Business Units including statutory accounting and tax submissions and compliance with local and global financial regulations
– Quality management and compliance with audit requirements
– Setting structured performance goals and guiding/motivating all SSC personnel to meet them
– Continuous improvement and cost savings and profit generation for the client
– Maintaining positive relationships between the SSC and its customers at client and stakeholders at employer and its parent company. Significant travel will be required in the UK and elsewhere in Europe in the first year
– Owning all aspects of the execution of finance and accounting services provided to the external client through employer’s businesses and enabling employer’s’ profitability targets to be met for those services
– Ensuring internal and external client satisfaction expectations are met and exceeded
– Formal accounting qualification / membership of an accredited professional accounting body is an advantage
Knowledge & Experience:
– Built a captive client specific SSC in Hungary
– Have significant outsourcing and transition experience within Hungary with clients across EMEA
– Experience and thorough understanding of effective management of a Shared Service Centre
– Preferably experience of working to IFRS and multiple local GAAP’s
– Performance improvement and management skills, with accompanying knowledge/skills in specific methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
– Competent user of multiple technology systems, applications, etc. Ideally with exposure to JD Edwards, Agresso and/or similar finance systems /ERP.
– Language skills would be advantageous with a possible opportunity to develop.
– Experience of micro-management of performance and productivity through effective use of metrics and KPIs
– Excellent Leadership and motivational skills.
Skills & Personal Qualities:
– Entrepreneurial SSC Leader in a client facing world
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Strong IT literacy
– Excellent written and verbal communication in English. Other languages advantageous
– Effective decision making skills
– Understanding and the ability to work with multiple countries’ business cultures
– Flexibility during times of change
– Persuasive, encouraging and motivating with energetic, evangelical enthusiasm for Shared Services and what they can deliver for a business
– Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
– Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
– A natural leader
– Opportunity to set up a shared services centre from scratch
– Joining a global leading company
– Competitive package
Online regisztrációs lap kitöltése és önéletrajz feltöltése a