Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />
Graduate Water Microbiologist - Swindon
Graduate Water Microbiologist
Are you interested in becoming one of our experts of tomorrow?
At WRc plc we see graduates as our future generation of experts. By joining us you will be provided with not only all the support you need to start contributing to some of our exciting projects, but also the core skills and competences necessary to start your career.
We are looking to recruit a high quality graduate to specialise in water and environmental microbiology with an emphasis on public health.
As one of our Graduates you'll be offered a superb and challenging working environment where new ideas are encouraged. When you join us you will benefit from being included on our Graduate Development Programme, and as such will attend a number of structured training modules covering a range of management, business and IT skills, as well as receiving on the job training. Your continuing development will be regularly supported by your dedicated appraising manager who will not only assess your performance but will help you formulate a training plan that matches your career aspirations.
We have an opportunity for a graduate to support our work in microbiology and water treatment. You will be involved with undertaking reviews and consulting in all aspects of public health microbiology as applied to water and the environment. Working mostly for the water industry and its regulators in the UK, we are also involved with projects with partners across Europe and are looking to extend our capability into other sectors such as the Food & Beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
On a day to day basis, your work will involve maintaining an awareness of the health significance of microorganisms in drinking water, keeping up to date with key scientific developments that are of value to the water industry and conducting various risk assessments. Depending on the nature of the work, we expect it to involve a certain amount of field work investigating problems with water supplies.
The exact nature of the work would depend on the projects you are involved in but is likely to involve:
- Compiling data and information to support the provision of an independent advisory service on the health significance of microorganisms in drinking water.
- Conducting in-depth reviews of topics of concern relating to microorganisms that impact on water supply operations.
- Providing advice on good practice for water supply hygiene to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assessing the effectiveness of disinfection strategies and treatment barriers.
- Conducting microbiological risks assessments and audits to identify vulnerability and perform exposure assessments.
- Identifying the most significant sources of contamination using the source/pathway/receptor risk assessment approach.
- Developing models to predict the impact of microbial loading from various sources such as sewage effluents, land drainage and other diffuse sources.
- In addition, you will conduct microbial assessments of water treatment lines in industries for locating contamination sources, developing mitigation strategies and implementing O&M best practices.
To apply you will need a minimum 2:1 degree or a further degree in Microbiology you will have some background knowledge of water supply hygiene etc., and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Eligibility to work permanently in the UK
- A passion for technical excellence within your discipline
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with a moderate level of supervision
- Exceptional team working skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A systematic logical approach to problem solving
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and client needs
- The ability to think innovatively
Based at our office in Swindon, Wiltshire, you'll be guaranteed a starting salary of £20,000 plus a relocation package (if applicable), together with excellent training and development opportunities.
Other benefits include:
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Free accident/life assurance
- Active sports and social club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
WRc is an Independent Centre of Excellence for Innovation and Growth. We operate across different sectors including waste and resource management, water, environment and gas. Our clients include water and gas utility companies, energy from waste generators, waste management companies, industrial waste producers, trade organisations and government organisations. Building on a legacy in the international water and environment sector stretching back over 90 years combined with the knowledge of our staff based in Swindon, we bring a shared purpose of discovering and delivering new and exciting solutions that enable our clients to meet the challenges of the future.
Please APPLY ONLINE. Closing date: 15th November 2014
WRc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates
Please mention GreenJobs when responding to this Job Posting.