The German Payroll Accountant is an accounting role reporting into the EMEA Accounting Manager. The jobholder is responsible for ensuring the effective production of Germany payroll accounting.
Our partner is one of the world's leading multinational banks.
Validation and Control
• To ensure the monthly payroll accounting operation meets/exceeds the published service standards and is within the agreed timetable.
• Responsible as owner of Germany payroll accounting migration by reviewing in-country end to end processes and transferring roles & responsibilities within organization.
• To perform the required reasonableness checks to the current monthly payroll accounting balances
• Undertake full responsibility for the complete Payroll Accounting function
• Manage the review and update current process and procedures, identifying improvements possibilities
• Manage all Investigations into discrepancies between the Payroll system and the GL
• Work with internal Risk and Control teams to review and undertake internal audit controls, identifying improvements of controls
• Ensure reconciliation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Build working partnership with key customers and stakeholders to facilitate change and enhance the services provided by HRSS.
• To ensure that all of the accounting processes comply with all key policies and procedures.
• To ensure all procedures are fully documented and reviewed on a regular basis and are made available to the payroll accounting staff, proof owners, internal auditors and external auditors.
• To escalate where appropriate to senior management issues and incidents to ensure they are aware and for them to authorise required action.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of company terms and conditions to ensure all staff are kept aware of these changes.
• To implement agreed departmental strategic changes ensuring no disruption to the level of service provided.
• To ensure all deadlines are met and all aspects of the payroll accounting process run smoothly
• Establish best practices, which can be transferred across the region.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 3-5 years of German payroll experience including expatriates, benefits and payroll accounting.
• In depth knowledge of best practice payroll methodology.
• Detailed knowledge of employee / employer tax legislation.
• Project Management within a payroll accounting department
• Experience within complete payroll accounting
• University degree (preferably in Management or Business Studies)
• Fluent English and German knowledge
• Chartered Accountant qualification is an advantage
- Stable, multinational company
- Modern work environment
- Competetive salary