Our company, Greif is a world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre drums, flexible and corrugated containers, as well as packaging accessories and containerboard. We also provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries.
The Greif European Business Service Center was set up to standardize and harmonize the administrative efforts in the areas of; Financial Administration, IT, Audit, and Training and development. The center will continue to develop and grow in the coming 3-5 years as we continue with the integration of the Greif EMEA business processes.
• Responsible for General Ledger on going postings, ad-hoc postings based on GL processes;
• Prepare, perform and review month end, quarterly and year end closings, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations;
• Responsible for US GAAP, reporting and analyses of data and other ad hoc requests for information;
• Be the control person during the closing activities between AP and AR department;
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of documents processed, based on GREIF accounting manual;
• Actively participate in general ledger change projects as required;
• Participating in the migration of business procedures from local plants to the BSC;
• Keep in touch with other departments and with subsidiaries.
• 1 – 5 years in the field of General Ledger;
• Fluent communication in English OR French OR German
• Up to standard knowledge of corporate and local accounting rules, being able to apply those in daily work;
• Profound knowledge of relevant GL processes, having relationships with customers, controllers, other peers;
• Bachelor degree in Economics – Finance – Accountancy is required.
• Competitive remuneration and continuous learning opportunities
• Ownership of an end-to-end process and professionally challenging tasks
• Excellent location
• Occasionally travelling opportunities
• Being part of a socially responsible company