For our multinational client we're currently looking for a motivated Java developer who is interested in working with new technologies and functional program language.
The successful candidate will work with Market and Operational Risk Management, Traders, Controllers and the Risk Calculations Teams to deliver intra-day and end-of-day data provisioning solutions.
Daily tasks include:
- Analysis and requirements gathering in cooperation with the Clients
- Working with other IT teams on analysis and system interfacing
- Development tasks
- System and Integration Testing
- User Acceptance Testing with Clients
- Supporting live components
He or she must be a strong developer with experience in distributed systems and database technologies. Functional programming experience is not a prerequisite, however the applicant has to be open to learn new technologies especially the functional programming paradigm. Training for the latter is provided in the first few months. Candidates will have to prove strong engineering and analytic skills, good communication, ability to work in a global team and that they are a self-starter who can work independently.
As passion for learning, and a strong interest in the Financial Industry are essential.
- 1-3 years of programming experience using Java or Scala (Perl or C# also acceptable)
- Experience with distributed systems
- Interest in functional programming
- SQL/Database development
- Unix/Linux experience
- Analystic skills
- Experience with the Java Spring toolset
- Basic understanding of financial products
- Scripting experience in Shell or Perl