Frontend Developer, HTML5/CSS3
Frontend Developer, HTML5/CSS3
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Department: Web Development
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
JOIN THE COMPANY THE NEW YORK TIMES CALLED "THE GOOGLE OF GARBAGE"
About TerraCycle (Link megjelenítése):
TerraCycle is determined to eliminate the idea of waste by making it possible to recycle items that are traditionally considered non-recyclable. A global pioneer in green business, TerraCycle operates in 21 countries in partnership with some of the world’s most recognizable brands and retailers, including Kraft/Mondelez, Proctor & Gamble, Nestle, L’Oreal, British American Tobacco, and E.J Gallo amongst others. Through these partnerships, TerraCycle engages over 48 million participants to collect and send waste for free from their schools, offices, non-profits, community groups, and a wide variety of other organizations as well as homes. TerraCycle then turns the collected waste into a wide variety of eco materials and products.
About the Frontend Developer position:
TerraCycle is seeking a full-time Frontend Software Engineer to join the IT Team based in Budapest, Hungary. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the frontend of TerraCycle's diverse software systems. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that's more startup than big company. You will get to work on interesting projects including TerraCycle's new global website where you'll experience developing software to be used in dozens of countries by millions of people of different cultures and languages. The ideal candidate for this position will be sharp, creative, and detail-oriented with strong research skills and demonstrated initiative. You should be comfortable with ambiguous projects where details get sorted out on the go and relish in solving problems.
- Develop, maintain and extend TerraCycle websites and applications.
- Participate in meetings when appropriate and be able to discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way with non-technical audiences.
- Help define and execute standards and practices that enable our development team to do this as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Ability to take a PSD/mock or concept and turn it into a working experience.
- 4+ years frontend development experience
- Good sense of design
- Expert level HTML5/CSS3
- Responsive design is a must
- Experience in creating exciting experiences on the iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices that conform to W3C standards.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good inter-personal/communications skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Comfortable being on the phone and working with associates from many countries and cultures.
- Understanding Agile Software Development principles and putting them to use.
- Being comfortable with short release cycles and continuous deployment.
- Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities.
Good to have:
- Ember.js experience
- Ruby (on Rails)
Salary: $30,000+ (depending on experience)
Apply in email at the following e-mail address.