Our Partner is the leading global financial services company, providing broad range of financial products and services to its customers globally.
Fixed Asset and GL Assistant Accountant
Responsibility for ensuring that all accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner, and all discrepancies are investigated, reported to management and resolved
To provide the controls around the acquisitions, transfers and disposals of Fixed Assets by maintaining the Oracle
Support projects in line with reconciliation and fixed asset handling.
- Reconciliation of various high/low volume Bank Accounts or other general ledger type accounts, using the daily or weekly bank statements versus the General Ledger postings, and the Oracle (P2P) ledger.
- Investigation of open reconciliation entries and adjustments of those reconciliation items.
- When appropriate contact GL department to investigate reconciling items.
- Journal entries must be prepared, approved and processed as appropriate to balance the various Reconciliations
- Assist and work on special task/ projects deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
- Working closely with Corporate Realty and Technology departments you will be maintaining the Oracle Fixed Asset register though Additions, Disposals, Adjustments of Assets and any associated accounting entries.
- Maintaining, reporting and submitting proofs of the designated accounts as per reconciliation cycle.
- Investigation and analysis of ledger and sub ledger detail for the designated BS accounts.
- Producing regular and ad-hoc metrics and reports for Management or for Auditing Bodies.
- Running and reconciling the monthly Depreciation process.
- Inventory reconciliations.
- Provision of ad-hoc management reports (Cost centre), inventory lists and queries
- Working with Project Teams (Global and Regional) and assisting with User Acceptance Testing and Regression Testing and preparing reports on related test results
- Support Western Europe Enquiries and global analysis
- System testing
- Finance or Accounting degree
- Qualified Accountant / Chartered Accountant qualification is an advantage
- Fluency in English and good in Russian or Italian
- Around 1-2 years of experience in accounting