Financial Reporting Manager
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our financial centre based at the heart of Budapest offers amazing career opportunities across a range of areas along with an inspiring work environment and continuous training and development opportunities.
We are proud of our brands and passionate about our business. We strive to be the best at what we do and give each other the freedom to succeed. We value and respect each other for who we are. Be yourself – at Diageo.
Purpose of the role
Participate in the preparation/review of the Group’s Annual Report, Red Book, Press Release and various other statutory filings and resolution of complex accounting issue. Act as main contact within the Financial Reporting team for resolution of complex technical issues with the wider finance community.
This role supports the accurate and timely reporting of external financial statements and reports by:
- Preparation of accounting papers supporting Diageo’s accounting treatment on complex accounting issues. Taking ownership for such issues and working with markets to drive and achieve the best outcome for Diageo
- Preparation and review of the group Annual Report, Press Release, with particular focus on compliance with IFRS and other external reporting obligations. Ensure key stakeholders sign-off (Group Controller, Head of Investor Relations, Director of Technical Accounting, CFO)
- Coordination of the activities of the Financial Reporting team in
- monitoring the accuracy of reporting received from the business and communicating errors and improvement
- preparation of internal and external financial reporting documents
- Regional support for group accounting questions:
- Monitor compliance with existing group accounting policies and update it for new standards and interpretations.
- Communicate to the wider Finance community through technical accounting update training or equivalent
- Engage with markets to ensure they are fully compliant. Provide support for market issues / initiatives.
- Good business partnering with markets and senior stakeholders to ensure timely reporting and technical issue resolution
- Liaison with the group auditors for the interim, annual audits
- Manage direct reports, role model the Diageo values
- University or college degree in finance/accounting
- Professional qualification is an advantage (ACCA, CPA)
- Very strong financial accounting background, experience of at least 5-7 years including significant IFRS reporting experience
- Experience in working in a multinational financial position, within different commercial / cultural markets
- Communications - must have strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly articulate and support ideas and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, peer groups and senior management
- Highly level analytical skills but able to identify and understand overall business drivers
- Excellent business English is a must
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Numerous professional / soft-skill trainings
- Free gym
- Rooftop Bar
- In-house staff shop
- Young and inspirational business environment
- Opportunity to thrive in a constantly expanding, multinational organization