Financial Accounting Senior
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer and one of the world’s top five consumer products companies. Anheuser-Busch InBev manages a portfolio of well over 200 beer brands (incl. Stella Artois, Becks, Budweiser and Corona) and holds the No. 1 or No. 2 market position in 19 countries.
Headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, Anheuser-Busch InBev leverages the collective strength of approximately 114,000 people based in operations in 23 countries across the world.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Overall purpose of the role is to be responsible for manual journal entry booking process for Inbev Belgium S.A. To make sure that requested manual journal entries are recorded in line with the statutory, group requirements and ABI policies.
- To perform the month/quarter/year end closing and non closing tasks assigned to this position within General Accounting according to AB Inbev policies. To ensure that the booking activities are compliant to ZBB handbook. Make sure that transactions and processes are in line with the IFRS, statutory and group reporting requirements. To perform monthly control checks regarding manual journal entry process.
- To perform account reconciliation according to the policies, IFRS and GAAP requirements for the assigned general ledger accounts.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible to understand clearly the content of the bookings requested.
- To be responsible to challenge back the booking requests towards business partners in case of the above mentioned criteria do not comply, so that we have reliable figures in the books which are compliant to the mentioned policies, IFRS and GAAP requirements.
- Responsible for the correctness and evidences of the booked figures.
- After checking the bookings and evidences are in place should send the journals for approval, book them and inform the requestor about the details of the booking.
- reversal of YTD accrual Sales op. (Utility and interim)
- Utility booking for plants (Electricuty, gas, water) + Waste water accrual
- Provision for environment tax for plants
- Temporarily workers accrual for Supply / Hoegarden
- reversal of YTD accrual for Logistics
- General ledger accounts’ content should comply with ABI policies, IFRS and Belgian GAAP standards.
- Make sure to have the accurate supporting documentation acceptable by auditors.
- Aging should be prepared, no old accrual items (more than 1 year).
- In case of any discrepancies the difference should be investigated and corrected by the end of the month or action plan must be in place for the resolution.
- Bachelor or University degree in Economics – preferred (Accounting or Finance)
- Minimum 1-2 years previous work experience (accounting or audit)
- Experience in working with SAP/ERP
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, etc)
- Experience in working in a multi-national environment is a plus
- Experience in working in a process-oriented organization is a plus
- Shared Services experience is a plus
- Fluent English - able to read, write and communicate effectively
- Understanding of financial concepts and transactions
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot problems for others
- Ability to coordinate the development of report documentation.
Please send your application with your professional CV to the following e-mail address.